Job Title: Office Assistant
Ref Id: 210001TC
Team: Programme Supports (Integrated Health and Nutrition: IHN project).
Contract Length: Fixed Term
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Office and ensure to follow Standard Operating Procedures for COVID-19 safety, at all times.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: HR / Admin Assistant
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Budget responsibility: None
Key Areas of Accountability
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Dispose dirt inside the waste basket and dustbin daily
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Support in movement of heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Wash kitchen utensils and make sure the kitchen surface is always neat, clean and dry
- Ensures no plates, cups or utensils are left over the night in the kitchen sink.
- Remove cobwebs
- Cut and trim the flowers & grass within & outside the premises
- Sweep the compound
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Wet-wipe and polish all high-level shelves.
- Wet-wipe window ledges
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures in the wake of COVID-19.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Additional job responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Experience and Skills
- Level of Education – SSCE
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Good
- Language Requirements – English – Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2 years
Skills & Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Adamawa, Adamawa