Job Title: Obstetrics and Gynecology Consultant
Location: Imo State
A mission opens up
- American Cancer hospital today is open 24 hours with all the essential services for medical care with a special focus on Cancer. The hospital was officially inaugurated on 20th March 2019. It has all the facilities to treat all kinds of cancers.
- A very important hallmark of all the work done in the US has been the pursuit of Quality. A lot of work went into bringing the place to life from clearing the premises to building the walls to equipping the hospital with furniture and sophisticated diagnostic imaging and laboratory services.
- Next came the recruitment of specialized overseas and local staff. Consultants in various specialties from overseas have been recruited to provide the best of services and train local doctors and nurses in the latest techniques of cancer treatment.
- Undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results
- Treat diseases of female organs.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients’ health and deliver babies safely.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose the medical condition of the patient.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or another practitioner when necessary.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Consult with or provide consulting services to other physicians in our various locations.
- Travel to our various locations as needed.
- Plan, implement or administer health programs in hospitals, businesses, or communities for the prevention and treatment of injuries or illnesses.
- Prepare government and organizational reports on birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or the medical status of individuals.
- Conduct research to develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent or control disease or injury.
- Any other duty assigned by management.
Qualification / Requirements
- Must be a Fellow of the West African college of surgeons (OBGY) or with a similar qualification from a reputable institution.
- Current license to practice
Application Closing Date
5th March, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Imo, Imo, Imo State