Job Title: Nutrition and Health Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – Nutrition and Health
Experience Level: Mid Level
Reporting to: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
Proposed Start Date: March, 2022
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Nutrition & Health officer who will support the Nutrition and Health PM in the day-to-day implementation and completion of health project activities throughout the project life cycle.
- This involves providing oversight and supervision of health care for health facilities ran by State and LGAs and supported by AAH.
- Update tracking tool to monitor programme screening based data on acute malnutrition, collect health facility based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs;
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for nutrition and health assessments;
- Liaise with nutrition and health assistants for accessing community support group database, health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility based activities;
- Conduct ongoing capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, IMCI service delivery, reproductive health service delivery, vaccination etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs;
- Ensure that all health facilities/sites have adequate supplies to deliver uninterrupted health care services through identifying needs, informing line manager on regular basis;
- Support the Nutrition and Health Programme Manager in organizing LGA based coordination meeting;
- Ensure that all children and patients visiting AAH supported health facilities are properly examined and treated according to national health and nutritional protocols and standards;
- Identify gaps for WASH in health facilities and inform the Nutrition and Health Programme Manager on a regular basis;
- Facilitate quarterly review meetings/workshops with respective government health managers at State/LGA level;
- Organize training for Government nurses/midwives on CMAM, integrated management of childhood illnesses and ANC/PNC and delivery service provision in close collaboration with PM/MPM;
- Support nutrition and health assistants on developing customized need specific guidance notes on IMCI, ANC/PNC, delivery service for on job coaching on different modules based on national protocol;
- Regularly report and coordinate with line manager regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making;
- Ensure regular contact with MoH service providers and LGA health authorities to receive service delivery report in a timely manner;
- Maintain and update database for health workers, community health workers/volunteers, trainings and share with line manager;
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM programming;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in primary health care and Nutrition program including experience in inpatient SAM treatment;
- An excellent report-writing skill is required including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa;
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Team management experience with similar programs;
- Ability to observe and to provide feedback on the activities;
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture and organization policies;
Starting Gross Basic Salary
- N281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!