Job Title: NTS / EORE Officer
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Contract Type: National Contract
Employment period: 6 months (potentially renewable)
Reporting to: NTS / EORE Team Leader
Supervised by: NTS / EORE Team Leader
Type of contract (Expat/ National/Trainee): National
- The DRC Nigeria is looking to recruit an experienced, highly qualified and enthusiastic professional to join our great NTS – EORE team in Nigeria.
- The role includes Execution of the NTS and EORE tasks assigned by the Team Leader and complying with approved DRC safety rules /protocols and the HDP sector’s technical SOPs.
- This is position is a technical one, requiring a consistent previous experience in a similar position.
- This position also requires solid knowledge in NTS – EORE and safeguarding.
- This position also requires a full professional proficiency in English language.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the team leader in the identification of areas for NTS processes.
- Assist the team leader and the NTS/CL coordinator in the planning of NTS & EORE tasks when required.
- Identify and mobilize local targeted communities for NTS tasks base on reported suspected hazardous areas.
- Implement NTS & EORE processes in compliance with relevant SOPs and guidelines, including desk research, individual interviews, focus group discussions, key stakeholder’s interviews and reporting
- Provide basic risk education to affected communities and recommend more advanced risk education intervention by the Risk Education team whenever needed.
- Conduct explosive ordnance risk education activities and sessions as required.
- Deliver EORE training alongside other DRC/HDP activities in the communities, ensuring close coordination, collaboration, and programmatic synergies.
- Be familiar with and follow all safety SOPs in DRC Nigeria and communicate any change on the security situation to the Team Leader and DRC Safety unit.
- Establish and maintain working relations with local authorities and communities.
- Carry out all other responsibilities included in the approved NTS and EORE SOPs.
- University Degree in Social Science or Tertiary Education in any other relevant field will be a recommendation.
- Knowledge and experience working with relevant sectorial areas implemented by DRC Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction
- Experience and willingness to work in the field in volatile and insecure areas;
- Experience living and working in a cross-cultural, multi-sector, team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and in adverse conditions;
- Demonstrated commitment and strict adherence to confidentiality
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal);
- Proficiency in common computer packages i.e. Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Certificate/Accreditation of participation in a Non-Technical Survey Training by recognized INGO.
- Certificate/Accreditation of participation in a EORE (or similar) Training by recognized INGO.
- Knowledge of local communities; actual inhabitants of these areas are preferred.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to gather information using new technologies and APPs.
- Previous experience in conducting interviews and surveys.
- At least 2 years of proven previous experience in NTS and EORE.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicational skills.
- Excellent ability to work in a team.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills (Proven EORE, NTS and IED knowledge is essential)
- Proven experience in addressing groups of people an advantage.
- Fluency in Hausa and Higgi
Salary and Benefits
- NM- H SB3 level 1
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Process and Notice
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the specified closing date will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!