Job Title: Night Manager
Job Number: 21016258
Location: Four Points by Sheraton – Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Brand: Four Points
Position Type: Management
- Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations during the overnight shift.
- Ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided during the overnight shift. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation.
- Personally assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks.
Core Work Activities
Monitoring Property Operations:
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
- Ensures all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in employee handbook).
- Ensures employees are working in a safe environment.
- Manages all period-end inventories.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals:
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
- Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
- Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
- Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
- Ensures all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
- Manages employee hours.
- Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Supporting Human Resources Activities:
- Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
- Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
- Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
- Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
- Assists supervisors in handling employee performance issues (e.g., performance reviews, counseling, and recommendations).
- Ensures all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Encourages employee relations through gifts, parties, outings.
- Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the property.
- Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area. OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Four Points by Sheraton - Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom