Job Title: Network Administrator
Job ID: 87
Department: Information Systems and Technology
Function: Network Administration
Reporting to: Head, Network & Infrastructure
Travel Frequency: Occasional
Purpose of the Job
- The purpose of the job is to primarily support highly complex systems including the overall administration, security, redundancy of our enterprise network infrastructure
Expected Key Results:
- Overall uptime of network systems
- Maintain secure and compliant network processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum of 2.1) / HND (Upper Credit) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Systems or any related field or a combination of related experience and education
- Relevant hands-on experience with the following technology or equivalent: Cisco switches, routers, VPN, VOIP, and wireless access.
- Possession of CCNA certification; CCIE and/or CISSP an added advantage
- Knowledge of software development process, quality control, and impact assessment is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an IT Network Engineer
- An in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of System Network design and management
- Implementation and administration of data and VOIP networks (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi)
- Experience in an enterprise environment
- Previous experience working in a Cyber/Network Security role would be a plus
- Experience with advanced network concepts and technologies: QoS, CoS, VoIP, flow control
- Relevant hands-on experience with the following technology or equivalent: Cisco switches, routers, VPN, VOIP, and wireless access
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills to drive organizational change
- Strong team player
- Ability to mentor less experienced engineers
- Solid problem solver
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new tool sets, technology and concepts
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects effectively; deal with changing priorities, and to meet deadlines in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to present information and ideas clearly and succinctly and to explain various application software and hardware to end users.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!