Job Title: National Programme Support Officer – Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
Reference No.: SVN2021.09
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Unit: Programme Support Unit (PSU)
IOM Classification: NO-A
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Head, Programme Support Unit and in close coordination with Programme Managers, the successful candidate will oversee the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) aspects of all IOM programmes and projects in Nigeria and assist in their relevant and effective implementation, in line with the specific donors’ requirements.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the development of overall mission MEAL frameworks for project/programmes design including the preparation of monthly, quarterly, or annual programmes/projects reviews, impact assessments, process and operations monitoring, realtime, mid-term and final evaluations and lessons-learned workshops.
- Design, test and regularly review the information and data collection tools ensuring compliance with relevant monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Review monitoring reports analyse them and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and suggest necessary corrective actions.
- Assist with the regular sharing of M&E findings with relevant stakeholders in the Mission and other IOM offices and departments, and that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate fora in a timely manner.
- Produce regular monitoring reports to be shared with external stakeholders such as donors and coordinate with the Public Information Officer with regards to utilization of the outputs of M&E findings in external materials.
- Participate in and contribute to the United Nations Monitoring and Evaluation Group to ensure that the IOM programmes/projects planning, and achievements are reflected and updated in a timely manner based on a Results Based Management (RBM) framework approach.
- Support the project development and donor reporting through elaboration and revision of the programmes/projects log frame/result matrix on a continuous basis, provide inputs in the areas of the objective hierarchy, indicators, and monitoring mechanisms.
- Undertake duty travel as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Migration Studies, International Relations, Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution or University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Substantial experience in project design and implementation preferably with experience in the field of research and MEAL.
- Strong technical competence and experience in project development, quantitative and qualitative M&E methods, data analysis, reporting and understanding of contemporary trends and innovations in the field of monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL).
- Knowledge of remote monitoring and evaluation framework and data analysis
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting.
- Computer/software literate, preferably advanced skills in excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, kobo toolbox, ODK and report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with local staff and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.09 Abuja. Support Officer: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL).
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please follow the application guidelines and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates who previously applied to this position, should not apply again.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!