Job Title: National Lead Consultant, NTD Programmes
Project Title: Third Party Monitoring of an NTD Programme
Category: Monitoring & Evaluation
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- HSCL is seeking to fill the position of National Lead Consultant for this DFID-funded Project. The project is a Monitoring and Verification Exercise for an ongoing Development Program targeted at the elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs). The aim of the Monitoring and Verification Exercise is to confirm and assess indicators and outcomes outlined in the objectives of the on-going NTD program.
- The verification program will assist DFID in advancing its NTD elimination efforts. This will be accomplished by conducting field-based monitoring and evaluations to ensure that implementing partners are delivering in line with the set-out objectives and expected standards. The exercise will involve a review of qualitative and quantitative aspects of the program including data review, assessment of methodologies and process monitoring.
- The National Lead Consultant will lead a field-based data quality assurance exercise to assess and monitor program outcomes. The consultant will also work closely with other clinical experts to verify and monitor clinical activities and standards, design and implement strategies to measure and track the progress and impact of NTD program activities.
Specifically, the lead consultant will:
- Conduct field visits to verify adherence to relevant national or international clinical guidance and best practices for quality or surgical services provided, post-operative follow-ups and morbidity management services provided quality of healthcare waste management and infection control procedures and quality of trainings for surgeons and staff involved in NTD management.
- Review and analyse quality assurance and supervision systems.
- Conduct program systems’ assessment through KIIs.
- Conduct data quality assessments to determine the validity, integrity, precision, reliability, timeliness, and completeness of data collated on the NTD program.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Public Health, Parasitology & Epidemiology, or related fields.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of progressive professional experience in the evaluation of large-scale public health programs
- Must be conversant with Monitoring & Evaluation Tools (Mixed Method Research, Data Quality Assurance Skills and Data Analytics Skills).
- Knowledge of international clinical guidance and best practices for the management of NTDs.
- Experience in NTD programs is desirable.
- Excellent teamwork, inter-personal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to conduct field work in remote areas for extended periods of time.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and updated CV in one document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!