The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Borno State (MMC, Koduga, Jere, Magumeri)
Project Location: Shani/Hawul
Duration: 4 months with possible renewal
- We seek competent persons to undertake parents, SBMCs, community members to mobilization and sensitizing them on COVID-19 pandemic. The project covers the period of 4 months with possible renewal.
- CHAD is looking for a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for our area office in Borno state, North-East Nigeria. The role of the M&E Officer is to establish and implement systems that promote evidence-based decision-making, program and project performance, and internal management.
- The M&E officer will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on program scale, relevance, and effectiveness.
- Within this context, the M&E officer will provide technical support to the program staff pertaining to M&E and build capacity in the region by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost-efficient and meaningful M&E systems. The officer is to reports to the Head of the Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Line management for project staff leads the process to establish country office and area office program-level M&E and accountability (Community Accountability Response Mechanism) systems.
- Lead the development of guidance and frameworks for the country and area office procedures, policies and processes that assist in institutionalizing and supporting M&E.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including the theory of change development, log frame design, and budgeting for M&E.
- Participate in Country Office, and Area office strategy discussions to ensure M&E remains a high priority in the Programme.
- Provide leadership, support to technical advisors, project, and area managers in planning and standardizing M&E across projects.
- Support project managers and coordinators through the development of data collection methodology and tools, and systems for on-going data analysis.
- Develop a data management system for Programme and M&E data.
- Ensure that monitoring data are fed into management decisions and used in Programme management.
- Lead internal improvement processes (M&E matrixes, Macro Log Frames etc.) according to need.
- Encourage and support the absorption of lessons and recommendations at the office, and emerging from various AO (grant reviews, after-action reviews, grant closures) and CO events (evaluations, assessments, technical visits, learning reviews)
- Facilitate data analysis and improving program staff data literacy (and usage of the institutional platform geared toward this) that supports strategic decision making.
- Encourage community meetings/orientations at the project start-up.
- Supervise and support in executing M&E plans, and Accountability systems.
- Qualification: HND/ BA/BSc
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in creating and leading the implementation of M&E systems for an NGO
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an emergency or post-conflict setting
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High-level English language and local language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
Application Closing Date
29th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in not more than 3 pages addressed to the “Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International, Behind Bulunkutu Primary school Maiduguri, Borno State” The CV / Cover Letter is strictly to be submitted to: [email protected] Kindly indicates your name, position you applying for as the subject of your email.
Note: CHAD provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. CHAD International encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!