Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: 1st February, 2021.
- The M&E Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Deputy MEAL Manager in the Coordination office based in Maiduguri, with travel to bases as needed. The M&E Officer will be responsible for ensuring the complaints handling mechanism is in place across PUI projects. S/he will be responsible to fulfil requirements under the hap humanitarian accountability partnership (hap) standards especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism and accountability in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- S/he will ensure clear and transparent rules for raising and processing complaints are established and that complaints are recorded and addressed by relevant parts of PUI within a reasonable time-frame and will utilize the information received through the feedback channel to produce periodic reports and analysis that can strengthen programming and increase overall organizational accountability.
Role and Responsibilities
- M&E: She/he will implement all M&E field-related activities;
- Logistics and Administration: She/he will express and anticipate logistical and administrative needs related to M&E activities he or she is implementing;
- Safety and Security: She/he will follow safety and security rules in the base and will transmit all safety and security information to the Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities
Implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation Plan:
- Coordinate the collection, reporting and validation of monitoring data of project teams and ensure the data reported by Field Officers/Program Managers is accurate and of good quality and reported in a timely manner.
- Produce monitoring checklists and conduct regular joint field process monitoring, quality assessments and data validation, and provide feedback and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Ensure that community leaders and beneficiaries are actively participating in all project and M&E activities.
- Assist the Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager in supporting project teams in designing and regularly updating project M&E guidelines and tools and ensure that project staff have access and capacity to use the tools.
- Provide training to field level project staff on the use of the M&E system including survey sampling and piloting of M&E tools, conducting assessments and the implementation of periodic evaluation activities including baseline surveys, research and evaluations in all sectors.
- Ensure utilization by all projects of appropriate data collection and reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data.
- Undertake regular visits to field locations/project sites to support monitoring and evaluation processes and activities related to all sectors of PUI interventions.
- Support supervision of base level project staff and ensure that their capacities are built and that they are supported to deliver on their day to day M&E work by constant communication and joint field level M&E activities.
Internal and external reporting:
- Update Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager and Program Managers on daily achievements and challenges encountered on the field.
- Contribute and participate in weekly meetings including accurate reporting on successes and challenges;
- Ensure that the data collected goes through a data cleaning and validation process each day;
- Ensure all data is channelled through the IM system
- Develop reports that synthesize and synchronize initial key finding (needs) and results (outputs/outcomes) such as indicator tracking table, etc.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to the MEAL deputy manager and/or MEAL manager
- Pass on any information or problems to her/his direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning her/his task, PUI programs, or safety aspects
Capitalization / Institutional Knowledge Building:
- Use lessons learnt combined with field experience to provide contributions and feedback, including during design phases of field tools and assessments;
- Participate actively in team workshops and lessons learnt seminars;
- Actively engage in ongoing trainings and knowledge building;
- Lead training of beneficiaries, community leaders, community facilitators/mobilisers and Field staff on M&E if needed.
Communication & Follow up:
- Respond to beneficiaries’ queries with good knowledge of relevant information when approached;
- Respond to any requests within PUI that might require an alternative communication method or plan of action;
Logistics & administration:
- Perform administrative support activities for the Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager including, but not limited to, preparation of meetings, recording of minutes, verbal and written translation.
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools related to M&E activities.
- Manage the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistic department.
Priorities of the Department:
The M&E priorities for the MEAL department are:
- The implementation of MEAL activities for the achievement of results enshrined in the global MEAL plan in collaboration with the beneficiaries, partners and project teams.
- Provision of high quality and accurate qualitative and quantitative data according to external and internal deadlines.
- Supporting the MEAL Department to achieve its strategic goals through the occasional undertaking of additional activities that contribute to the overall ability of PUI to achieve its stated outputs.
- Ensuring a robust MEAL system is in place so that the implementation of the projects is of a high quality and accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
- Ensuring a robust and efficient accountability mechanism is in place
- Ensuring high quality data analysis from multiple sources and the production of high quality information products
- Language skills: Fluent in English, Hausa and Kanuri mandatory (speaking/reading/writing);
- Education degree: University Degree preferably in Statistics, Information Management, Management, Social Sciences or related fields.
- Work experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with NGOs or Government Agencies in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation and implementation of accountability programming in humanitarian or development programs.
- Knowledge and skills: Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to work in a diverse team and manage complex and sensitive organizational relationships.
- Competence in using information technology including experience with word-processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Experience using SPSS, Stata or EPI info is desirable.
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Proven interest and commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Strong motivation to help people in needs.
- Well organized and attention to details.
- Reliable and rigorous.
- Ability to analyse and suggest improvement.
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker.
- Able to manage stress and pressure.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!