Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Category: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning
- Creative seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager for the upcoming USAID-funded Northeast ConNEction activity. The purpose of the two-year program will be to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict. By targeting communities not yet under the control of violent extremist organizations (VEOs), this activity will seize the opportunity to mitigate the grievances that make communities vulnerable to violent extremism, while building social cohesion within and across communities in northeast Nigeria.
- In addition to helping northeastern Nigerians create a stronger foundation against the violent extremist and conflict threats, the activity is designed to develop local capacity to respond to emerging threats. In order to enable flexible and adaptive management of the activity in a complex environment, the activity includes a focused effort on research and analysis of the threats and coordination around programmatic opportunities and responses.
- The exact location for this position is TBD, but successful candidates must be agreeable to frequent travel to the Northeast, with the potential to be permanently based there.
- Provide the strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of project;
- Work closely with MEL staff and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all M&E activities as well as active collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts; and
- Oversee MEL activities, provide technical direction and support and ensures results for project activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in any the following or related fields: Social Science, International Development, Evaluation Research, Statistics, and Economics;
- Demonstrated progressive experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities;
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational, oral and written communications skills in English;
- Demonstrated progressive experience in monitoring and evaluation of democracy and governance programs and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff;
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including impact evaluation;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, and ability to work well on team;
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available statistical software programs; and
- Willingness to travel or be based in Northeastern Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Location NG-Abuja