Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Coordinator
Ref No: 210001EQ
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Nigeria Country Office
Post Type: National
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- Manage Monitoring and Evaluation Food for Peace program with Food Security and Livelihoods and nutrition. Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for Food Security & Livelihoods and Nutrition; monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets, leading to projects research and evaluation activities and ensuring reports are of the highest possible quality.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: MEAL Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: 2
Key Areas of Accountability
Provide Technical Support for the BHA M&E Systems Design and Implementation:
- Revise IPTT and ensure it is aligned to the log Frame
- Develop the Performance Indicator Reference Sheets for each indicator
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation of monitoring activities
- Design and revise the monitoring routine data collection tools as required
- Develop protocols for routine monitoring, PDMs, surveys etc.
- Provide support for the implementation of mobile data collection through KoBo Collect and revise as necessary the XLS forms.
- In coordination with Program Manager, liaise with Segovia regarding to any MEAL aspects and participate to the weekly call.
- Ensure the development and implementation of regular beneficiary’s registration and as necessary update baseline value.
- In coordination with other MEAL team members, ensure the development and the implementation of any evaluation exercises (ex: Mid Term Evaluation/MTE, Final Evaluation/FE, and Rapid Assessment/RA).
- Design a sampling strategy using probability and or purposive sampling method.
- Calculate a representative sample size.
- Develop the sampling frame and sampling strategy and draw samples.
- Design evaluation questions and methods.
- Develop/provide input into terms of reference for surveys.
- Review tools/instruments and field manuals
- Develop data analysis plan and conduct as necessary the analysis
Develop and implement strategies to improve data quality:
- Develop and manage a Data Flow Diagram in support to the Data Quality Strategy
- In coordination with other MEAL team member, conduct periodic data verification exercises, provide feedback and ensure recommendations for improvement are followed.
- Ensure databases are cleaned, updated before the Nagis data ingestion
- Support Programme Management to ensure that all data met USAID quality standard and is of acceptable quality.
Lead the data analyse efforts for reporting and learning:
- Analyse the quantitative PDM surveys data as well as any other routine monitoring data using data analytic software such as SPSS, Power BI, Excel
- Create and produce charts, tables to feed the quarterly, reports Annual Results Report (ARR) and the final report
- In coordination with the program Manager, write the draft reports, update and tabulate the IPTT
- Provide inputs in interpreting the MEAL statistical data to inform decision-making
- In coordination with the CO, participate in the development of an organization Knowledge Management Strategy
- Develop key information products for dissemination of program information
- Develop Case Studies and success story;
- sharing good practices internally and externally
- Provide guidance to field staff to strengthen information sharing
Coordinate the Implementation and Maintenance of Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism:
- Implement beneficiary complaints mechanisms for the EFSL project
- Supervise the management of the CRM (Complaints and Response Mechanism) information system
- Ensure there is a feedback mechanism for the CRM.
- With support from CRM Officer, document all feedback and track response time for resolution of complaints
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- At least a Bachelors’ Degree in related field
- Minimum of 3 years Post NYSC relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience with local or international NGOs
- Familiarity with FFP and/or emergency program preferred.
- Knowledge in nutrition in the context of emergency is a plus.
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications, statistical/data analysis package such as SPSS, Excel PowerPivot and Power View.)
- Experience in using relational database and/or GIS software would be plus.
- Familiarity with free and open-source to author, field, and manage mobile data collection is required (such as ODK, KOBO, ONA etc.)
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Good interpersonal and coaching skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!