Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Obollo Afor, Enugu
Employment Type: Full-time
- The primary responsibility of this position is to provide support to the day to day implementation of M&E activities of 4GATES Project at the community and Local government levels as may be directed by the 4GATES state M&E Officer. Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the M&E Officer will ensure that data entry into national, PEPFAR and 4GATES project management information systems (MIS) – National OVC management information system (NOMIS), are up to date at all times.
- He/she will collaborate with other thematic officers to ensure that accurate and high quality program data are collected and entered into the MIS platforms in a timely manner, reports generated along with the narratives, to provide information for OVC programming and management decision making. In addition, he/she will support the training of Community volunteers, promote program learning and sharing among staff, and stakeholders and encourage data utilization at all levels.
- Provide continuous technical support to Community volunteers in the implementation and use of OVC M&E tools and systems.
- Facilitate data entry into the national and 4GATES MIS platforms such NOMIS.
- The M&E Officer will develop and maintain systems to collect and analyze information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program.
- Support other project staff in their work with the community cadres and volunteers that the correct forms are used and that accurate reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits to project sites /LGA to observe, monitor, provide guidance and quality feedback on the use of data and indicator
- Maintain hard and electronic copy file of the CBOs Monthly Summary Forms
- Support in the capacity building and mentoring of Community volunteers to understand the information needs of 4GATES project, donors and other stakeholders and to adhere to M&E standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Support in documentation and archiving of project information
- Be available for data quality assessments and actively participate in the data quality assessment, understand the recommendations for remedial action, and comply with those recommendations
- Support the Program Manager in the analysis of CSO and NOMIS data for the quarterly and annual reports to Caritas Nigeria State team lead and other reports, as may be required.
- Work closely with the Program Manager to coordinate monthly review meetings of Community volunteers and CSO.
- Ensure all source documents of services provided and activities conducted are well filed by the documentation officer.
- Ensure CBOs maintain confidentiality in all the VCs case files
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Social Science with emphasis in rural development, Public Health, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or a development related field.
- Advanced Degree is an advantage.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E with previous experience in application of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- At least three years of professional experience implementing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV and OVC, food and nutrition security programming.
- Experience in designing computer databases in Excel, Access, and Visual Basics or in other database packages.
- Demonstrable computer literacy in MS Office –Adavnced Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective team work; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives / target
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!