Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
- In compliance with the Public Procurement Act 2007, The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), in collaboration with US CDC, is desirous of Soliciting for Expressions of interest for the engagement of Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant.
Scope of Work
- The monitoring and evaluation (M & E) agent is expected to share monthly report of all progress of surveillance and response to avian influenza in Nigeria with the PI/AOR, and write annual M & E report apart from that written by the PI. His specific roles are:
- Assists to develop the monitoring and evaluation framework and plan of the project
- Helps to develop specific monitoring and evaluation framework (logframe) for the project
- Using the logframe, develops simple monitoring format and its guidelines to use for the monitoring process
- Develops specific input, output, outcome and impact indicators for the project
- Helps to prepare annual M & E plan in line with the framework.
- Develop data set for monitoring and evaluating the avian and pandemic influenza surveillance and response activities
- Helps in developing data set templates for monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Supports capacity building of NCDC staff on monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Support NCDC staff on M & E training for the project
- Recommends the essential tools required
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports of the project
- Provides the report on or before every first week of subsequent month and/or first week of a quarter, and/or end of February in the following year
- Supports in weekly data analysis and reporting with performance indicators
- Provides the report on or before every first Tuesday of the week
- Assists in annual evaluation of the project
- Provides the report on or before ending of January of the following year
- Supports the project to implement M & E framework, guidelines and other tools
- Recommends all necessary tools and provides guidelines for the implementation.
Other services to be rendered include the following:
- Conduct a need assessment for M & E to determine NCDC’s project design and planning, strategic frameworks and adherence to grant funding objectives and procedures.
- Develop a report of data and findings with performance indicators and recommend corrective actions based on the M & E conducted.
- Submit monthly reports detailing progress made towards implementation of corrective actions.
- Identify training needs of staff and create a plan of action meant to meet these needs.
- Work with the Grants Manager or Authorized Official Representative to submit reports of progress towards achieving program objectives outlined in the grant work plan on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with the Authorized Official Representative, Project Investigator and Grants Manager to develop/prepare monthly, quarterly and annual M & E reports.
The applicant must possess the following:
- At least five (5) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, results-based management; Excellent writing and analytical skill in drafting concept notes and reports; Understanding and knowledge of basic computer applications such as MS Words, Excel and data base management; and Experience working within the Development agencies preferable
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Health Economics preferably in Development Planning, Economics or Management;
- Academic Degree in Medicine (MBBS) or related Medical Sciences would be an added advantage;
- Sound knowledge Influenza or viral respiratory disease surveillance and response plans;
- Knowledge and experience in designing M&E systems and conducting evaluations.
- Public Health / Microbiology / Social Sciences (M.Sc or equivalent background); Good communication, coordination and project management skills; Excellent English.
- Familiarity with hospital setting (as a work context).
- Previous experience in coordinating hospital studies;
- Have knowledge of environmental cleaning activities and the hospital organizational structure;
- Flexibility in working weekend during six-week trial period and pilot phase;
- All academic credentials/statement ef interest.
Application Closing Date
12 PM: 24th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should provide their best offer and respond to this request in a sealed envelope with the name and address written boldly at the back of the envelope not later than the closing date and sent to the address below:
The Head (Human Resource),
Human Resource Division,
Department of Administration,
Nigeria Centre for Disease Control,
801, Ebitu Ukiwe Street,
Opening of Submission
- The proposal submitted will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission on Monday, 24th January, 2022 at the Office of Head (Human Resource), Human Resource Office NCDC Headquarters, Ground floor, in the presence of the applicants or their representatives.
- The submission must be in English language and signed by an official authorized by the applicant;
- Submission made after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!