Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor (Regional)
- The overall goal of GHSC-PSM is to procure and provide health commodities for all USAID health programs, including but not limited to, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health, as well as provide systems strengthening technical assistance to improve supply chain management and commodity security in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support data management processes at state level and ensure that standard processes are followed, identify gaps and implement corrective actions in coordination with other state staff and stakeholders
- Support and build the capacity at state level on monitoring and evaluation, supportive visits, data analysis and presentation.
- Participate in the review of Nigeria Health LMIS data and outputs to assess quality of data entry process
- Support state performance review meetings with trend and root cause analysis to facilitate performance improvement initiatives
- Participate in state level Site Improvement Monitoring System (SIMS) assessment as required, and ensure all preparatory activities and means of verification are available
- Conduct health facility data quality assessment as required
- Support periodic program KPI analysis at national level and other data request by stakeholders
- Coordinate and support update of state health facility report tracker
- Participate in internal data quality checks and analysis to support program reporting, and follow up on corrective actions
- Support state specific Last Mile Distribution monitoring with deployment of SurveyCTO data capture tool and data analysis
- Keep track of KPIs for states in the region and advise RM and state teams on a bi-monthly / quarterly basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the technical supervisor
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor (Regional) will report to the M&E Manager or his / her designee.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences, Development, Statistics or related field and at least 5 years of work experience in international public health programs; 4 of which should be focused on Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Familiarity with the principles and current approaches to M&E in public health programs
- Experience in the design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain and analyze data.
- Possess strong data analysis, interpretation, manipulation and data quality assurance skills. With good knowledge of database management, and retrieval methods.
- Ability to synthesize program data into effective presentation of results to help guide recommendations on performance improvement.
- Must have experience conducting monitoring visits, utilizing checklists and other M&E national tools, including the ability to develop M&E tools as needed.
- Experience in the design, conduct and analysis of studies (quantitative and qualitative)
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (MS-Word, MS-Excel, Power Point, Power BI). Experience with database development and management in Access or Python/R a plus. Experience using mapping (e.g., Arc-GIS, Health Mapper, etc.), and statistical analysis software (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar) also a plus
- Ability to contribute to capacity-building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures
- Ability to work independently and to manage activities daily with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other staff, USAID, consultants, MOH, and international organizations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English required.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Region, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!