Job Title: Mill Operator – Cereal Plant
Location: Jos, Plateau
Function: Supply Chain
Job Class: JC 11
Reports To: Shift Supervisor – Cereal Plant
Purpose of Job
- Works with the Rollerman to ensure optimal running of plant machineries (Rollermills, De-germinators, Plansifters etc.), arranging of sieves in the plansifter, adjustment of degerminators, regular inspection of plant machineries, to ensure all equipment are in proper condition when operational.
- Ensure milled Product meets the desired specification.
- Ensure the correct sieves are set in the Plansifters to deliver the product specification
- Proper setting of Degerminators and monitoring their performance.
- Monitoring of Purifiers and cleaning of clogged sieves when required.
- Regular inspection of operational equipment to ensure they are in good condition.
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Perform routine operation maintenance of Plansifters, Jet filters, Purifiers, Rollermills, e.t.c.
- Report any identified anomaly to the Shift Supervisor.
- Support technical maintenance.
- Regular inspection of machine drives.
- Maintain quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Set and monitor Degerminators to perform optimally.
- Ensure correct handling of products at various stages of manufacturing.
- Always ensure good housekeeping of plant.
- Perform routine cleaning and sanitation of plant and equipment.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Participate in safety and 5S audits and follow through on closeout of action points.
- Ensure working conditions are safe for operations.
- Report unsafe conditions, near miss and unsafe acts and encourage others to do same using the Safety Observation Cards, and inform the Supervisor.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Train and guide new employees and OSPs in your team on the Job.
- Challenge team members to perform at their peak.
- Maintain internal communication.
- Ensure that breakdowns are promptly arrested to promote the achievement of targets.
- Ensure that Production line efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure set targets of Key Performance Indicators are met (Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Volume, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Minimum of OND in Engineering or Sciences.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Teamwork/Team Player
- Good written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail; quality consciousness
- Safety consciousness
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!