Job Title: Intern Opportunities for Students: Finance
Job Number: 918647
Locations: Lagos, (Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa), Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment Type: Internship
Business Analyst Intern:
- Are you looking forward to a career in finance? Microsoft’s finance internship opportunity has the training you need to get your career in finance underway.
- You will have the opportunity to develop strong business acumen, enhance your personal management competencies and walk away with a valuable transferable skill set.
- We know you will find the work at Microsoft both challenging and rewarding, and we believe your contribution will be meaningful – one that will offer a high level of personal satisfaction.
The Business Analyst role has 3 primary functions; Revenue Reporting, Large Projects, and Analysis. Typical activities and impact within these 3 functions include:
- Prepare, update and maintain standard management reporting to meet the needs of customer groups within the Canadian subsidiary.
- Create and modify business processes, reporting metrics and ad hoc reports for various end customers to drive financial results
- Update daily/weekly/monthly suite of revenue analysis reports directed towards Senior levels of Management.
- Provide monthly close analysis on revenue variances, growth and key metrics
- Partner with management and the Analyst team to maintain the relevance and accuracy of reports within a diverse and dynamic business environment
- Assist internal business groups by troubleshooting data issues and perform variance analysis; analyze causes and provide resolutions
- Provide support to business analysts and internal business groups as required through tailored ad-hoc queries and reporting for detailed financial analysis during product launches and marketing campaigns
- Manage, update and maintain the Canadian Finance intranet site to facilitate cross-functional collaboration
- Examples of projects could include Fiscal Year Rollover (May – July), Monthly Business Reviews, Budget/Planning (April – June), and Forecasting (Monthly/Quarterly). (Degree of involvement in projects may also depend on business need.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Commerce, Business or related field (pursuing with at least one quarter/semester remaining after the internship).
- Available for an 6-8 month consecutive internship starting Winter 2021.
- Intermediate to advanced levels in Microsoft Excel, Power BI and Access.
- Knowledge of Pivot Tables and formula creation is a necessity.
- Knowledge of macros, spreadsheet modeling and database skills are definite assets.
- Strong business/accounting acumen, with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive and goal-orientated; able to meet deadlines, manage time effectively and adopt responsibility for projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and work effectively within a team environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!