Job Title: Metering Engineer
Location: Delta State
- Implement the requirements of Company`s metering policy and assume the responsibilities for the applicable metering and quality management inspection tasks to ensure metering integrity and prevent loss of revenue.
- Provide specialist metering and associated quality management inspection (including custody transfers and fiscal metering systems) maintenance support to all assets to ensure production efficiency through accurate volume measurements.
- Review and develop maintenance plans /work instructions for these systems and carry out audits and periodic analysis of maintenance and calibration activities to enhance metering integrity and maintain license to operate through regulatory compliance.
- Maintain the corporate liquid and gas metering database and maintain traceable records for all Company`s metering system and routine recalibration to maintain technical integrity and enhance business objectives and add value to the Operations team, ensuring that produced oil & gas are correctly reported and measured, providing quality and maintenance checks to improve production efficiency.
- Support field trials and evaluation of new metering instrumentation and manage the custodianship of software backup for metering and quality management inspection software to ensure continuous business activity and ensure metering integrity.
- Keep abreast of new development in measuring technology and promote best practice sharing across the company and train operators on new developments in metering to enhance human capital development.
- Ensure that periodical crude oil and gas meter proving exercise and the system recertification exercise (prover loop calibration etc.) are carried-out as provided for by the regulations (especially DPR regulations). Ensure the Monthly/Quarterly system validation of the Gas fiscal metering system are properly carried out with no issues with the Authorities and third parties in support of the business.
- Ensure that all fiscal, legislative and allocation metering are maintained and operated to the standards required to satisfy contractual, legislative, and operational requirements in support of the business.
- Carry out performance monitoring programs, including control charting and availability reporting and troubleshoot and investigate metering system failures utilizing root cause analysis to sustain meter reliability and integrity.
- Interface with the Well Performance & Reservoir team, communicate the reliability of well test measurements and as required, assist the Process Engineer in carrying out metering related studies concerning environment, production, etc. to improve the business.
- A minimum of B.Sc. Degree or HND in Instrumentation / Measurement & Control / Mechanical / Electrical / Petroleum Engineering and a minimum of 5 years technical professional with significant experience in oil and gas industry.
- B. Sc/Eng degree or HND in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years mechanical maintenance experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Good understanding of Industry best practices and maintenance principles.
- Must possess good interpersonal, supervisory, communications, leading and coordinating skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!