Pearls Specialist Hospital – We are a specialist hospital for maternal and child care with core competencies in fertility management and assisted conception, operating in Lekki, Lagos. It is our goal to be foremost in specialized care, medical education and research that delivers superior patients experience in a convenient, friendly and smart environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job type: Full Time
- We are looking for qualified individuals who are passionate about team building and developing together, a state of the art facility, to join our highly experienced, diverse and agile team.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing high quality medical care by examining / diagnosing patients and treating diseases or facilitating referrals where needed.
- You will also undertake tasks aiming for prevention and promotion of healthy habits.
- As a Medical Officer you must be professional and a compassionate individual.
- You must be very knowledgeable in regards to diseases, epidemiology and other medical conditions so you can interpret symptoms and diagnose conditions.
- The job can be demanding so a great deal of patience and physical endurance is required.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine their condition
- Ask intuitive questions to discover causes of illness
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the clients’ / patient’s medical history
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration
- Collaborate with other professionals, including nurses to form a high performing medical team
- Examine and provide treatments to injuries and refer clients’ / patients to other doctors when needed (ophthalmologists, orthopedists, neurologists etc.)
- Keep records of patients’ diseases, operations or other significant information (e.g. allergic episodes)
- Develop a culture of trust and care for clients’ / patients
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars
Qualification and Experience
- The right candidate must possess a minimum of MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) with a valid practicing license issued by the Medical Dental Council of Nigeria.
- 1-2 years post NYSC experience working in a hospital.
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms and epidemiology
- Broad knowledge of common medication, side effects and contraindications
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medicine best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respect for patient’s confidentiality
- Compassionate and approachable
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Preferable someone living Lekki or environs (due to location of the hospital)
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 19th August , 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the Position applied for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only applicants who meet the requirements will be shortlisted.
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!