Job Title: Medical Officer
SVN No.: CFCV2020.88
Organizational Unit: COVID-19 Isolation and Treatment Centre
IOM Classification: Hourly
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Hourly Contract (On Call)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and under direct technical supervision of the COVID-19 Isolation and Treatment Centre, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day clinical activities of the COVID-19 Isolation and treatment Centre in Abuja.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Undertake day-to-day clinical duties at the COVID-19 Isolation and Treatment Center.
- Support follow up and tracking of positive cases and direct contacts.
- Determine and facilitate laboratory services required by the patients admitted at the Isolation and treatment center.
- Coordinate with other clinical team members and consultants in the case management of the patients admitted at the Center.
- Evaluate and monitor management of each patient admitted at the Center from the time the patient is admitted until the patient is discharged. Keep a complete record of the medical condition/complications and medical intervention/treatment given to each patient admitted to the Center.
- Support supervision of nurses and other support staff working at the centre.
- Participate in the shift roster for the clinical team to ensure coverage of the centre at any given day and time.
- Support preparation of reports on the operation of the Center.
- Support monitoring of consumables to ensure sufficient stock at any given time;
- Perform any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Medicine – MBChB from an accredited academic institution with two years of continuous professional working experience preferably in epidemiology and public health; or
- Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Mandatory valid registration license with the National Medical Board
- Mandatory valid certificate in BLS and ALS within in the past 2 years..
- Clinical experience is progressively responsible in one of the areas of medicine including residency/internship in one of the medical specialities, preferably internal medicine, ICU, or family medicine with relevant experience in emergency room or ICU.
- Experience working on health crisis issues and management of infectious diseases.
- Previous experience in humanitarian crisis and infectious diseases is highly desirable.
- Experience working in COVID-19 Isolation and Treatment Centre is highly desirable.
- Proven experience of a minimum of six month at an Intensive Care Unit in the past 5 years is highly desirable
- Skills in project or programme management, administration, international relations, or related area.
- Experience in drafting reports, statements and briefing materials for senior management is required.
- Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in multiple languages advantageous
Required – Competencies Behavioural:
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected]t using the “Position Applied” as the subject of the email.
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2020.88. Abuja Medical Officer
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Location Abuja