Job Title: Medical Logistics Coordinator
Location: Niger, Nigeria
- To provide technical support and overall implementation in area of designing, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition project.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Nutrition officer will Lead the nutrition program planning and implementation of the World Bank ANRIN project in Niger state.
- The role will utilize IYCF through Care group model, individual and mass education strategies and support the government health worker in the delivery of the targeted package of interventions under the project.
- Coordinates with project partners, project staff, the SMoH, LGA, SPHCDA and other stakeholders regarding upcoming activities and needs at the community and State/LGA levels.
- Responsible for the performance and professional development of the community volunteers and other community structures in collaboration with local partners.
- Collate, analyse and produce reports on supervision and monitoring of community structures and their activities.
- Implement capacity building programs on nutrition for the staff, government and local partners.
- Collect reports from partners on targets met from the community structures on a bi weekly basis, review the reports and assure the information presented is reasonable and complete.
- Prepare a monthly report using the information provided by the partners.
- Maintain a filing system in the project office so copies of Reports are easily accessible.
- Provide ongoing supervision and support to health workers and partners to improve their capacity.
- Will ensure that the beneficiaries access the required number of contacts per package of intervention.
- Responsible to liaison with the appropriate people in a timely and professional manner to ensure the financial, logistical and procurement issues required to implement project activities.
- With technical support from Nutrition and BCC coordinator and Nutrition Specialist, conduct trainings to build the capacity of staff/volunteers, MoH staff and the community at large
- Ensure appropriate and consistent education messaging to mothers and other carers at Child Friendly Spaces and in the community
- Ensure project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
- Facilitate cross sectoral programming and collaborate partnerships to promote project delivery.
- At field sites, liaise with other actors, local authorities, ministries and as appropriate, to maximize collaboration and ensure proper coordination of activities.
- With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team support the M & E plan implementation within the Nutrition project, ensuring this links to reporting requirements.
- Work closely with partners and their staff to ensure project activities are implemented in time and within the stipulated quality.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for partner staff and communicate this to the Project Manager.
- Conduct trainings to build the capacity of staff/partners/volunteers, MoH staff and the community at large
Coordination & Representation:
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, government actors, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors in the location.
- Coordinate partners who are working LGA level
Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the Nutrition and BCC coordinator for consideration.
- Lead the day to day the implementation of Nutrition activities at LGA and community level
- Ensure observance and respect the dignity of beneficiaries, care givers and members of the community at all times
- Support the preparation of reports for domestic and international consumption.
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Report to the Nutrition and BCC coordinator;
- Provide support to Plan International Nigeria’s programme delivery and resource mobilization.
- Work with other members of the programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4 year or more experience providing technical support to health and nutrition projects in Nigeria, preferably in Northern Nigeria.
- University education in biomedical sciences, medicine or health related course.
- Experience in maternal and adolescent nutrition programming around Malaria in pregnancy and Iron folic acid supplementation.
- Experience in child nutrition programming especially on Zinc ORS, Micronutrient powder supplementation, Deworming and Vitamin A.
- A history of productive involvement with local partners, including from government, traditional leadership, and civil society
- Demonstrated knowledge and background in technical capacity building for health workers and community volunteers on health and nutrition projects.
- Experience drafting project reporting and monitoring project progress
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Knowledge of Hausa language preferred but not required
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated understanding of the skills necessary to work with children and women particularly adolescent girls
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, think and plan strategically, and communicate with key actors in a dynamic and unpredictable operating environment
- Excellent community mobilization skills
- Strong skills in monitoring, evaluation, research and conducting participatory, community-led assessments.
- Knowledge of Nutrition programming models and manuals.
- Knowledge of community mobilization and facilitation techniques
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to work in a participatory manner with a diverse range of client communities
- Personal qualities: Team player, clear communicator, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well under minimal supervision, and a commitment to child rights and gender equality
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
- Typical office environment, with extensive travel to lead and supervise programme activities
Level of contact with children:
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have very frequent contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!