Job Opening – Medical Laboratory Scientist
LAB360 International Limited is a world-class Medical Laboratory providing quality pathology services. Registered in 2019 with the Health and Medical Laboratory authorities, it is one of the bespoke providers of clinical laboratory services in Nigeria offering clients with a wide range of regular and rare inhouse laboratory tests required for diagnosis and treatment of medical ailments within the same day.
We provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary pathology services ranging from haematology, special coagulation, clinical chemistry, endocrinology, virology, immunology and basic microbiology.
Our services and product lines meet requirements for modern-day laboratory procedures and real-time healthcare demands.
About the Opportunity
The Medical Laboratory Scientist will be involved with the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, analysis of control materials, routine and urgent patient samples. She/he will actively contribute to the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical duties of Lab360.
Your duties will include:
- Performing daily routine and specialised diagnostic investigations;
- Performing daily interpretation of diagnostic investigations;
- Accurate and timely entry of data onto the laboratory information management system;
- Quality checks on outputs and maintaining important internal records.
- Conduct external and internal quality assurance schemes, as well as participate in audits;
- Responsible for restocking and maintenance of stock records of kits, reagents, and consumables.
- Routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment and work area
- Performing tasks that contribute to Lab360 demand generation and revenue generation efforts and
- Compliance and adherence to Lab360 policies and procedures
- Verification and approval of all out going results
- Responsible for performance appraisal of all other staff under the laboratory services department
- Responsible for making technical presentations or representation of the laboratory at different fora
- Provide leadership and management to other staff under the laboratory service unit
- Ensures a high sense of professionalism in service delivery
- Maintains a healthy, safe and friendly environment in the lab and everywhere necessary
- Any other assignment as directed by the Director
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- A current practising licence;
- Empathy for patients and families;
- An understanding and appreciation for compliance with protocols and procedures;
- A commitment to excellent customer service and patient care;
- Good written communication skills with attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse group of people of all ages;
- Professional approach in both presentation and conduct;
- Computer knowledge is mandatory;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change and to be able to work with a dynamic team
- Flexibility and reliability; and
- Knowledge on quality management and biomedical systems operations.
- Bachelor’s in Medical laboratory science
- Valid MLSCN practising licence
- 3+ years post NYSC proven experience as a Laboratory Scientist
- Must be exceptionally computer literate
- Must have good soft skills including but not limited to paying attention to details, ability to work with little or no supervision, Teamwork, Leadership, Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, decisiveness, interpersonal skills, written/oral communication
- Provide evidence of progressive professional improvement
30th October 2020
This position offers competitive benefits for successful applicants.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Applicants will only be contacted if shortlisted for interview.
- Location Jabi, Abuja, Abuja, ,NG
- Salary ₦ 100,000 – 150,000
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!