Job Title: Media and Communications Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Functions of the Job
- Provides the lead for organizational communications, ensuring that our Country Strategy and priorities are prominently, accurately and innovatively communicated – both internally within the Mission and externally to the public.
- Responsible for the management and administration of the Organizational website ensuring the website is effective and meeting the needs of the Organizational.
- Provides communications support for Organizational fundraising and advocacy activities, including our online advocacy through our website and social media platforms.
- Maintain an up to date Organizational donor database.
- Seek innovative ways of reaching different target groups with appropriate information, contacts and messages to enable them donate and support the Mission.
- Develop and disseminate quarterly newsletters to keep Organizational supporters informed on project accomplishments.
- Coordinates the sharing and dissemination of communication resources among Organizational partners.
- Promotes and protects Organizational brand, thus contributing to our identity and voice.
- Provides communications support for National advocacy activities, including our online advocacy through our website and social media platforms.
Position in Organization
- Reports directly to the Head of Business Development, working closely with the Head of Programmes and Operations and other members of the senior leadership team, and interfacing widely with Programme staff and Volunteers of the organization
- Represents organization on all communication matters.
- Manages our relationship with third-parties such as designers, printers, web-platform agencies, the Press and other communication partners.
Scope of job:
- General Communications including publications (40%)
- Digital Communications & Branding (20%)
- Resource Mobilization (20%)
- Advocacy Support (20%).
Dimensions & limits of authority:
- Identifies and makes recommendation for engagement of external communications contractors – for sign off by Management
- Publishes on social media without approval
- Owns the website and makes content changes with approval of Management.
- Published blogs after sign off by the Head of Business Development.
- Makes design and content decisions, and publishes and shares documents – with Management sign off.
Qualifications and Persons Specification
- First degree in any field with minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing communications in a non- profit organization or public sector organization.
- Good social media presence
- Excellent online editing skills and understanding website design and branding.
Excellent writing skills and content development:
- Case studies
- Media briefs
- Website content
- Annual reports and activities.
- Excellent online social media skills including (but not restricted to) blogging, Facebook, Linkedln, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and networking in online communities.
- Excellent digital communication skills including: graphic design, audiovisual, photography and videography skills.
- strong verbal and excellent written communications skills with the ability to build and develop collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent administration and organization skills.
- Excellent Web Management skills, including: website content management and analytics, Microsoft Word, Excel, blog platforms, cloud computing, Power Point, Outlook Express, Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) social media, digital fundraising platforms and CRM systems.
- Excellent proof-reading skills and a demonstration of strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Hausa
- Proven experience in a similar communications role.
- Proven experience of having a real ‘nose’ for news.
- Raising the profile of an issue or organization
- Strategic thinking and planning.
- Project Management
- Writing compelling and inspirational copy for a range of audiences.
- Successfully managing Digital Asset Management Systems (specifically Resource Space).
- Excellent writing and production skills, including working with designers and printers.
- Brand awareness, promotion and protection.
- Practicing Christian able to produce resources that
- reflect organization as a faith-based organization.
- Committed Christian with good Christian testimony
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Honest and dedicated
- Ability to manage people under him/her very well.
- Problem solver.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations
- Willing to travel and flexibility in unpredictable circumstances.
Application Closing Date
5th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter (One page), Cover Letter (One page) and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!