Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Delta State
- Coordinate, support and supervise all mechanical activities within the asset to ensure that the facilities (oil & gas) and equipment are maintained, reliable and consistent with company’s business objectives to achieve oil/gas production targets and gas supply agreement.
- Perform mechanical inspections and interventions activities on pumps, compressors, gas/diesel engines, generators, etc. in line with planned schedules for flow station and gas plant facilities to ensure overall availability of the facilities to meet the Corporate production volumes.
- Initiate, implement and manage the maintenance strategies based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning /scheduling preventive /corrective maintenance to sustain the integrity of the facilities and production to meet the Corporate production objectives.
- Prepare reports, data and make recommendations for improving operations and solving maintenance related problems to meet production targets.
- Negotiate a cost effective contract with key maintenance partners as a continuing effort to improve the quality of service offered and also develop a relationship with all existing maintenance partners to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Track, analyse and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilisation, maintenance cost, schedule compliance, etc. to improve maintenance efficiency of the asset.
- Plan and finalise maintenance budget in coordination with the Operations team taking into account the regular services offered to various arms of Production Operations and monitor budget to ensure production is achieved within the budget.
- Communicate and liaise directly with the production Operations Team and other technical and specialist support in other Departments to coordinate maintenance and repair work and ensure a quick turn around and returns of repairs for smooth functioning of the facilities.
- Identify, analyse, and assess causes of mechanical defects. Deal with defects and variations within the facilities and equipment to ensure the reliability of the facilities to meet business objectives.
- Analyse, modify and recommend improvements to mechanical maintenance procedures within the facility and equipment to meet operational requirements and enhance productivity.
- Ensure sufficient resources are available on site in good time to complete scheduled and breakdown activities in line with planned programme to minimise facility shutdown time and sustain production.
- Supervise subordinates through guidance and advice on the job as may be required and propose subordinates for formal and informal training to close identified competence gaps to enhance productivity.
- B.Sc / B.Eng Degree or HND in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years mechanical maintenance experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Good understanding of Industry best practices and maintenance principles.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!