Job Title: MEA Small Business Channel Systems Engineer
Job Id: 1310133
Area of Interest: Engineer – Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type: Professional
Technology Interest: AI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
The Business Entity
Cisco System Engineering is all about Inspiring Dreams, Accelerating Growth, Connecting Worlds, Recognizing Wins, Respect and Enabling you to be your best. Does this sound intriguing to you? Welcome to Cisco.
- You have unique opportunity to join the team leading the technology transitions and IT innovations in the MEA Small Businesses. This is very exciting time to join Cisco team in the MEA as the growth accelerates and Cisco local team is growing to satisfy market and partners demands.
- You will have great opportunities to learn, to collaborate and build your connections network internally and externally, to gain experience and build career development path in recognized leading IT company worldwide.
Role & Responsibilities
Cisco seeks a MEA Small Business Channel Systems Engineer (SE) to develop and drive our product, architecture and solution portfolio, together with our sales teams and the Partners. Major functions of channel SE are:
- The Channel SE is a partner-focused technical sales professional who provides technical information and design/implementation guidance to Cisco Partner Companies.
- The SE has direct technical accountability for specific opportunities, leveraging knowledge across the broad Cisco portfolio, including software and services, as well as his / her technical specialization as needed.
- The SE takes an architectural perspective to demonstrate how Cisco products and solutions can solve the customer’s business problems. He / she collaborates with the Territory Business Manager(s) and engages additional resources (e.g. consulting specialists, demo labs, etc.) to recommend, develop, and propose appropriate customer solutions, including Small Business Technology Group (SBTG) products family.
- The SE develops and sustains relationships with Partner technical staff allowing the SE to identify opportunities aligned to their understanding of the customer’s business goals. The SE proactively shares knowledge and best practices throughout Cisco and the SE Community.
- The SE supports and leads Partner technical development process, including consulting on necessary trainings and Cisco certifications process to increase Partner enablement from technical pre-sales perspective.
More exact description of expected job functions are given (but not limited) to:
- Provide pre-sales support to Cisco Territory Business Managers and Partners
- Drive Partner technical- and sales enablement
- Participate in the creation of business plans for both partner and customers
- Proactively generate leads through customer meetings, seminars, and education
- Technical qualification of opportunities
- Define customer business problem in a technical context
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution
- Research and demonstrate solution ROI
- Coordinate solution development, including leveraging replicable architectures and researching customized solutions
- Present technical components of Cisco solutions to customer
- Consult the partners on the benefits of Cisco’s solutions comparing with competitive ones
- Channel SE is not just a technical developer or engineer role: this is technical expert role in sales enablement process. Candidates should not hold only technical experience, but should combine technical expertise with understanding of business processes, Partner and Customer business models and business needs.
Following is expected to be successful in a role:
- Minimum certification – Cisco CCNX or similar.
- CCNA with 5 years experience in “Networking” industry will be considered as well.
- Learn a broad-level of knowledge of the business economics and trends of the industries and vertical markets in which one’s customers conduct business, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value.
- Build relationships both within and outside of Cisco; establish credibility quickly through personal self-confidence.
- Strong understanding of the customer business model and common financial pain points.
- Strong knowledge in routing switching, security, collaboration and data centre
- Ability to frame Cisco offerings in terms of business drivers.
- Advanced understanding of Cisco vision and technology.
- Understand customer business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform
- Understand of networking industry trends, including new products and solutions.
- Understand competitive product and solution landscape
- Cisco certification and/or competitive technology knowledge is preferred .
- Excellent technical consulting skills, including ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment.
- Proactively share information about common replicable architectures that are most appropriate for assigned customers.
- The technical specialist SE has an in depth knowledge of their specialization and adjacent technologies including product, technology, and competitive information
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!