MCGL NPI Capacity Development Specialist
Job ID: 2021-1538
Programs – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences.
The Programs team:
- Influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans;
- Supports advancement of innovative solutions;
- Pursues new business opportunities; and
- Drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
- Pact is part of the consortium implementing the MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) project, a five-year global funded USAID project to provide targeted Maternal Newborn Child Health, Family Planning and Reproductive Health (MNCH/FP/RH) and Technical and Capacity Development Assistance to countries to facilitate countries’ journeys to self-reliance. MCGL aims to contribute to global technical leadership and learning, and USAID’s policy dialogue for achievement of global MNCH/FP/RH goals through support to globally endorsed MNCH/FP/RH initiatives, strategies, frameworks, guidelines, and action plans. Pact contributes to the MCGL consortium through its approaches in Capacity Development and Governance.
- USAID’s New Partnerships Initiative (NPI) whose goal is to diversify USAID’s partner base by creating avenues for new and underutilized partners to work with the Agency also supports the MCGL project.
- Pact seeks a Specialist to support Pact’s capacity development and governance work for MCGL Nigeria. This position will support the Senior Specialist in the quality design and delivery of MCGL and complementary NPI activities. Successful applicants will work closely with Pact and other consortium partners. They will ensure activities are implemented in compliance with all donor, consortium, Pact, and project-specific policies.
- This includes support to local partners through Pact’s approaches such as the Integrated Technical and Organizational Capacity Assessments (ITOCA), Organizational Performance Index (OPI) and others, as well as supporting Behaviorally Focused Applied Political Economy Analysis (BF-APEA) to inform evidence-based action for health programming, a methodology aimed at uncovering the drivers of stakeholder behavior and mapping the behaviors required for achieving sustainable development outcomes.
- Work with MCGL team and local partners to deliver high-quality technical and organizational capacity development activities
- Apply Pact’s CD tools including ITOCA, OPI and action plans with local partners
- Develop materials and processes for topics identified for capacity development of partners, including training, mentoring, coaching, peer learning and other methods
- Manage Pact’s Capacity Solutions Platform for partner organizations
- Support Pact’s Senior Officer for the BF-APEA activities, as needed
- Contribute to analyses, development of recommendations, and workshops/presentations to relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to the collaborating, learning, and adapting processes of the program
- Perform other duties as needed, as the workplan evolves during this period
Management and coordination support:
- Coordinate with stakeholders in all aspects of activity planning, implementation, and monitoring and learning
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans, activities and program reporting
- Join Pact’s project check-ins and provide regular updates on progress
- Participate in relevant MCGL working groups, meetings, and workshops
- Actively participate in Pact’s CD Community of Practice
- BA with 6+ years or MA with 4+ years of experience in global development, public health, organizational development, or related fields
- Demonstrated strong research and analytic skills, with preference for candidates with demonstrated experience participating in complex qualitative research
- Experience in implementing technical and organizational capacity building programs with grassroots organizations, civil society organizations, governments, private sector
- Experience in facilitation, CD approaches and methods relevant to capacity development
- Preference for candidates who have engaged with and understand key governance issues affecting health sector performance
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to perform and collaborate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with a partner consortium to produce timely and high-quality results
- Prior USG project experience a plus
- Must be local to Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria