Manager, Value Added Services
- Responsible for the design, planning and optimization of MTNN’s VAS and Digital services platforms and solutions to achieve a cost effective and optimal design for VAS and Digital Services, and drive timely deployment of quality products and services in line with the business strategic objectives, while managing a team of people, technology and financial resources.
- Manage the analysis, design and delivery of IT solutions in response to business needs.
- Manage a team of engineers, analysts, vendors – guide and focus them in achieving business objectives.
- Manage the planning processes geared towards designing and dimensioning of VAS services as well as new products and services in line with the marketing product roadmap
- Direct the planning of Digital services and Value-Added Service platforms such as, but not limited to, messaging, API Gateways, Subscription Management systems, Mobile data, Rich Communication Services. Multimedia products and other Third-Party applications and services.
- Be a thought-leader in technology and business imperatives in delivering business solutions across Digital Services, Value Added Services, Consumer & Enterprise Data Products and BSS systems.
- Manage the evolution within the Data network to place MTN in a position to effectively compete in the challenging telecoms environment
- Review and approve Functional and Technical Specification documents for new products and services
- Project management and tracking to ensure that products and services are launched within specified timelines, using Software Delivery Models like Agile Scrum and Waterfall models.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs
- Manage and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Direct and mentor the VAS planning engineers to effectively optimize the VAS, Data, Digital Services, API Exchange solution & Microservices architecture/topology and roadmaps.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
Experience & Training
- 10 years of IT or Telcoms experience with a minimum of 5 of those years working in technical planning, design and integration of Business support systems (BSS) such as SMSC, VMS, Device Management System, USSD Gw, Ericsson Charging System, Customer Management solutions, VAS & Digital platforms.
- Vast experience in new products and services development using the Product Development Life Cycle and Project Management using PRINCE 2, PMI or Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Strong experience in IT solutions designs, architecture, systems integrations and solution delivery.
- Vast Knowledge of GSM architecture and technologies including circuit switched and packet networks, signaling protocols such as MAP, SIGTRAN, Diameter, SIP, XML etc.
- Experience in Cloud Solutions, distributed Cloud native applications, API Strategy, RESTful APIs and Micro services.
- B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech, HND or Other
9th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Years Of Experience 10-20
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos