Job Title: Manager, Data Centre M & E
- Manage all network operations and maintenance activities of the data centre, including capacity monitoring and supervision of all network element installations.
- Ensure AC DC power and cooling availability target 99.8% in Data Centres /MGW sites
- Ensure DC power and cooling availability target 100% in Data Centres /MGW sites
- Ensure strict compliance of change request execution, oversee all routine and corrective maintenance for power and cooling systems, spare parts management and inventory, space management, equipment records and performance data.
- Ensure all operation / implementation activities in the Data Centres are executed in a professional manner and incompliance with the approved changes.
- Monitor and control network element capacity utilisation and always ensure that utilisation level does not exceed industry standard.
- Prepare reports on capacity constraints to the relevant units for possible equipment upgrade.
- Support the network quality assurance team in regular monitoring, tracking and reporting of discrepancies in network elements and reporting same to the relevant stake holders.
- Keep an updated list and layout of all nodes installed in the data centre indicating clearly their details /specifications, near and far end connectivity
- Ensure all installed equipment in the data centre is maintained in accordance with the outlined maintenance schedules and procedures and keep comprehensive maintenance history of all equipment.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with switch implementation vendors as well as coordinate maintenance activities between the vendors and internal stakeholders in terms of planning, scheduling and database management.
- Ensure compliance with the organization’s quality policy on all core network O& M and identify areas where the quality policy needs improvement for escalation to the quality assurance unit for appropriate action.
- Carry out other tasks as directed by the Head, Field Operation
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years work experience with at least three (3) in a supervisory role.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Electrical and Mechanical Systems Maintenance & Repair
- Network Equipment Installation
- Problem Solving
- Delegation / Supervisory
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!