Job Title: Maintenance Planner
Location: Jos, Plateau
Function: Supply Chain
Job Class: JC 12
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for managing the maintenance process across the factory, reducing breakdowns and ensuring equipment reliability and maintainability.
- The role also ensures that maintenance related data that guarantees equipment reliability are kept up to date.
Work Order Management:
- Responsible for reviewing notifications from various sources, converting to work orders and assigning same to relevant maintenance personnel responsible for resolution.
- Follow up the work order system to ensure that work orders are completed on schedule. Responsible for generating data that measures compliance to work order system.
- Drive the system that ensures that all work done in the factory are accomplished using work orders.
Tag System Management:
- Responsible for managing the tagging system to ensure that all identified equipment issues are tagged.
- Follow up with Maintenance personnel to confirm that the tag record and analysis register is updated at all times.
- Co-ordinate resolution of all tagged issues in good time.
- Manage the process that integrates the tag system with SAP notification systems.
Maintenance Cost Management:
- Generate monthly reports to track cost of maintenance across the plants.
- Work with Maintenance Engineers to drive down the cost of maintenance by rolling out best in class maintenance practices.
Work Preparation and Maintenance:
- Participates in Planned Maintenance preparation by coordinating the pre-maintenance inspection, pre-maintenance meeting, the maintenance process and post-maintenance inspection/meeting. Ensures that all processes are documented accordingly.
- Follow up on maintenance planning and feedback and ensure files are properly documented on the server.
Maintenance Planning and Control:
- Manage the planning and execution of maintenance by designing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to guide the planning and execution of maintenance.
- Manage the execution of all 5why deliberations to ensure quality of the process and follow up on execution and documentation of all countermeasures generated from the RCA.
- Manages and updates the Planned Maintenance System on SAP to ensure that task lists are updated and used during maintenance.
- Manage weekly maintenance-related meetings and follow up to ensure that resulting activities are carried out to reduce breakdowns to the barest minimum.
Equipment and Plant Reliability:
- Manages reliability metrics of MTBF, MTTR and number of breakdowns. Generate reports to track reliability of equipment and liaise with maintenance personnel to stem downtrends.
- Ensures workplace is 5S Compliant to enhance maintenance activities, safety and general working condition within the area where maintenance is being carried out.
- Maintains files appropriate to the activities of maintenance structure.
- Prepares reports and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Cleanliness and orderliness of work areas
- Ensures that the workplace is organized according to extant 5S standards
Health, Safety and Environment:
- Reports near misses, unsafe conditions and unsafe behaviour within and outside work area
- Participate in period hazards identification and detailed risk assessment in work area as applicable
- Participate in investigation of safety events (Incidents, accidents etc) in work area.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma in any Engineering related discipline
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in a role as technician.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Excellent knowledge of SAP PM and Work Order Management techniques
- Basic knowledge of spare parts and relationship with equipment
- Analytical and Numerate Skills
- Effective communication skills
- Multitasking and Time Management Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Physical and mental alertness
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!