Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Oderemo, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure. Oversee the installation, repair and upkeep of all property, including machines, mechanical systems, buildings, heating and air-conditioning and other structures, responsible for planned scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out.
- Increase the operational effectiveness, project delivery, reduction, manage and implement improvement plans. Manage the team on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures.
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximizing planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime
- Manage the team to ensure machine availability, reactively managing dysfunctional machinery with the Shift management
- Optimize equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are undertaken
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure
- Manage systems and equipment data storage and maintain high levels of standards and accuracy
- Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties
- Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment from gaining agreement to write off to physically removing it and its safe and lawful disposal
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site.
- Any other function as may be assigned by the HOO and GMD.
Qualifications / Requirements / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Possession of an MBA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant post-graduation experience.
- Conducting organizational and administrative duties
- Managing people and time
- Building and equipment maintenance
- Using Electrical and other tools
- troubleshooting issues
- Understanding blueprint and estimating needs
- Being adaptable and self-driven
- Strategic thinking and strong execution skills.
- Excellent leadership and man management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making Commercially awareness.
N250,000 – N300,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!