Job Title: M & E Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The M&E Assistant will work closely with all program staff in the field to implement the DCR Ambassadors Borno M&E commitments, improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes. The position will support measurement in the Field Office.
- The Assistant will support the M&E officer in managing day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of projects.
- The M&E Assistant will assist the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in the discharge of his/her duties, while he/she reports to the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, they both report to the Program Coordinator.
- The M&E Assistant will work hand in hand with the M&E Officer and PM and management team to provide oversight to program implementation including strategic, programmatic, and technical.
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning.
- Ensure proper filing of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets among others
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified
- Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M&E activities conducted in the field
- With support from the M&E Officer, participate capacity building and mentorship activities for field staff in data collection and cleaning
- Keep the M&E database up to date and help program staff prepare periodic high quality reports
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection and cleaning
- Foster good relationships and team spirit with program and operations staff in the field
- Perform any other M&E tasks assigned by the M&E Officer or his/her supervisor
Qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Information Technology, Development Studies, Statistics or a related discipline with 1-2 years’ experience in M&E.
- Considerable experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods
Specific skills for the post:
- Competences in using computer packages including Word and Excel
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts
- Ability to work under pressure/cope with tight deadlines
- Be innovative and open to learning new approaches to M&E
- Promote a high performance environment in the field
- Good interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable security environment.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent skills in report writing and meeting date lines.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), Hausa and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!