Job Title: Logistics Team Lead
Job Identification: 386
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Schedule: Full time
Project number: NGFP0000
Job Category: Logistics
Reports to: Area Manager
Duration and type of contract: 1 Year (renewable)
Supervision of: Logistics Officer & Logistics / Procurement / Warehouse Technical Assistants
Role and Responsibilities
- The Logistics Team Leader is responsible for managing logistics staff, vehicle fleet, communications, assets and procurement, and properties to ensure effective, transparent, and accountable logistic support to the Norwegian Refugee Council programs in NRC Nigeria.
- Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate logistical consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation. Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution & procurement planning.
Generic responsibilities (max 10):
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to the plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
Transport & Fleet:
- Managing and tracking all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per the agreed schedule
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fueling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Prepare Military Clearances for the delivery of goods to field locations as requested.
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Ensure proper usage and Maintenance of the Area Office Generator by keeping an up to date Generator Logbook for usage and services.
Asset & Facility Management:
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Update Asset Register and send to the country office every month
Warehousing and Stock Management:
- Manage and maintain the physical warehouse.
- Ensure quarterly stock check and reconciliation.
- Ensure random spot check on the stock in the warehouse
- Ensure all program stock is released through the NRC Stock release/requisition form and accompanied with a waybill to Beneficiaries/point of usage.
- Ensure the BHs and the Country Office Logistics Manager are informed about all stock under expired, expiring SOF, and other irregularities or discrepancies in the warehouse respectively.
Procurement and Supply:
- Oversee procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures, and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, Service Completion form, etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with the country office if procurement must be conducted there or at the area office level
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and logistics to support functions, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
- Monitor procurement and logistics support costs in liaison AM to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets
- Updates and Manages the Procurement tracker at the field level.
- Updates and manages the contract tracker at the field level.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments / units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Coordination for the movement of materials – Project Coordinators / Managers and Field Coordinators
- Coordination of Field office operations and requirements – Area Manager
- Logistics Technical support for Field Offices – Logistics Manager
- Implementation – Project Coordinator, Field Coordinators, and Field Logistics Assistants
- Follow up of procurement of requested procurement – Procurement Officer
- Follow up of Admin related Field issues, especially maintenance and repairs of facilities – HR / Admin Officer
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and a strong team spirit
Scale and Scope of the Position
- Staff: Logistics Officers and Assistants in Maiduguri, Field Logistics Assistants in Damasak, Dikwa, and Monguno
- Stakeholders: Key external stakeholders the post has relationships with – UN agencies (Logistics Cluster), INGOs, local NGOs, governmental bodies: Military for clearance
- Budgets: None
- Information: Brief description of the information resources the post holder is responsible for at CO level: Aggressor Procurement, Aggressor Assets, Intranet-Logistics Handbook, and Donor / NRC policies and procedures
- Legal or compliance: NRC Terms of Employment, NRC Security Policies, NRC Vendors / Contractors Policies, Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption Policy
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver the desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian / recovery context
- A university degree in Supply Chain Management / Purchasing and Supply or any other relevant field of study
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Hausa
Context / Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Office organization skills,
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills
- A high degree of accuracy
Behavioural competencies (max 6):
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term / End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
- Context-specific to North East?
Application Closing Date
12th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!