Job Title: Logistics Management Information Systems Officer
Ref No: 2100008Z
Location: CARO-NG-Federal Capital Territory
Job: Supply Chain
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Employee Status: Entry Level
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
- You will help coordinate and ensure risk mitigation in inventory management through established inventory accounting and reporting processes in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Your knowledge and experience will allow you to ensure compliance with CRS and donor regulations, and international and local supply chain accountability standards and requirements, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Ensure required documents, data updates, and reports from different operational areas, sub-recipients, surveyors, and external suppliers are received and consolidated in a timely manner and in compliance with standard policies and procedures.
- Monitor, review, and analyze inventory accounting records and data entries in the inventory tracking and management information system for accuracy and completeness. Report accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Work in close coordination with relevant program and supply chain staff to resolve issues and reconcile inventory with accounting records.
- Update various accounting registers (master shipping ledger, master inventory ledger, loss and claims ledger, CVA assets ledger, other as applicable).
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports pertaining to the status of goods and beneficiaries for internal and external project stakeholders.
- Work with project managers to prepare for audits and coordinate the audit process.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Fleet Unit, Inventory, Payment Processing, Finance, Programs, North East, Field Offices, Region and HQ
- External: Government Agencies, Donors and SRs
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply a professional body will be an added advantage
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Commodity Accountability Principles (GACAP) preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use analytical & visualization tools will be an added orientation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Very good analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented
- Knowledge of Warehousing, Inventory and Logistics management
- Knowledge of ERP for Supply Chain Management (ORACLE will be an added advantage)
- Include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 25 %.
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!