Job Title: Locum Medical Laboratory Technician
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Part-time
- The Locum Medical Laboratory Technician will be involved with the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, analysis of control materials, routine and urgent patient samples.
- She/he will actively contribute to the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical duties of Lab360.
Your duties will include:
- Accurate and timely entry of data onto the laboratory information management system;
- Quality checks on outputs and maintaining important internal records.
- Conduct external and internal quality assurance schemes, as well as participate in audits;
- Responsible for restocking and maintenance of stock records of kits, reagents, and consumables.
- Routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment and work area
- Performing tasks that contribute to Lab360 demand generation and revenue generation efforts and
- Compliance and adherence to Lab360 policies and procedures
- Responsible for making technical presentations or representation of the laboratory at different fora
- Ensures a high sense of professionalism in service delivery
- Maintains a healthy, safe and friendly environment in the lab and everywhere necessary
- Any other assignment as directed by the Director
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND / MSc in Sciences with 2 – 6 years of work experience.
- Valid MLSCN practising licence
- 1+ years post-NYSC proven experience as a Laboratory Technologist
- Must be exceptionally computer literate
- Must have good soft skills including but not limited to paying attention to details, ability to work with little or no supervision, Teamwork, Leadership, Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, decisiveness, interpersonal skills, written/oral communication
- Provide evidence of progressive professional improvement
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- A current practicing license;
- Empathy for patients and families;
- An understanding and appreciation for compliance with protocols and procedures;
- A commitment to excellent customer service and patient care;
- Good written communication skills with attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse group of people of all ages;
- Professional approach in both presentation and conduct;
- Computer knowledge is mandatory;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change and to be able to work with a dynamic team
- Flexibility and reliability; and
- Knowledge of quality management and biomedical systems operations.
- This position offers competitive benefits for successful applicants.
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!