Job Title: Locum Medical Laboratory Scientist
Employment Type: Part-time
About the Opportunity
- The Locum Medical Laboratory Scientist with the guidance of the resident scientist will be involved with the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, analysis of control materials, routine and urgent patient samples.
- She/he will actively contribute to the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical duties of Lab360.
Your duties will include:
- Performing sample collection, daily routine and specialised diagnostic investigations;
- Performing daily interpretation of diagnostic investigations;
- Accurate and timely entry of data onto the laboratory information management system;
- Quality checks on outputs and maintaining important internal records.
- Conduct external and internal quality assurance schemes, as well as participate in audits;
- Assist in restocking and maintenance of stock records of kits, reagents, and consumables.
- Under the guidance of the Scientist, assist in routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment and work area
- Performing tasks that contribute to Lab360 demand generation and revenue generation efforts and
- Compliance and adherence to Lab360 policies and procedures
- Under the guidance of the Scientist, assist in verification and approval of all outgoing results
- Assist in preparation for making technical presentations or representation of the laboratory at different fora
- Ensures a high sense of professionalism in service delivery
- Maintains a healthy, safe and friendly environment in the lab and everywhere necessary
- Any other assignment as directed by the Scientist in charge and Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent
- Valid MLSCN practicing license
- 2+ years post NYSC proven experience as a Laboratory Scientist
- Must be exceptionally computer literate
- Must have good soft skills including but not limited to paying attention to details, ability to work with little or no supervision, Teamwork, Leadership, Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, decisiveness, interpersonal skills, written/oral communication
- Provide evidence of progressive professional improvement
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- A current practicing license;
- Empathy for patients and families;
- An understanding and appreciation for compliance with protocols and procedures;
- A commitment to excellent customer service and patient care;
- Good written communication skills with attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse group of people of all ages;
- Professional approach in both presentation and conduct;
- Computer knowledge is mandatory;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change and to be able to work with a dynamic team
- Flexibility and reliability; and
- Knowledge of quality management and biomedical systems operations.
- This position offers competitive benefits for successful applicants.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applicants will only be contacted if shortlisted for interview.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Abuja