Job Title: Livelihoods Assistant
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Slot: 4 Openings
Contract type: National contract
- DRC is seeking a committed and competent Livelihoods Officer to join the Mubi Programme based in Michika. Interested persons will be reporting to the Team Leader.
- The overall purpose of the role is assisting in enhancing the livelihoods of beneficiaries through the provision of business training, business grants support, Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA), nutrition activities, beneficiary information and skills training while developing the social cohesion between host community and IDPs.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Supporting CVA, SME development and Agricultural Inputs Distributions
- Ensure beneficiaries are screened, selected and verified through use of developed targeting criteria in operational areas.
- Provide livelihood guidance, on an individual or group basis, to increase beneficiaries’ awareness of different business options based on market assessment and beneficiary interests.
- Provide information to beneficiaries about livelihood and business development opportunities.
- Organize small business training and business planning activities with beneficiaries.
- Provide information to beneficiaries on skills trainings, market opportunities, and small enterprise creation.
- Facilitate the implementation of Cash Transfer programmes and ward level; Unconditional/Conditional Cash Grants and Cash for Work
- Work with line manager to plan for business grants distributions, other cash distributions and inputs distributions.
- Business advisory, support and monitoring through guidance from line manager.
- Work closely with government line ministries in the implementation of project activities.
- Support the organization of trainings and other events related to the project.
- Receive and distribute goods dispatched from warehouse and ensure all documentation is accurately completed in an accountable manner.
- Provide administrative support if required.
- Submit weekly reports and contribute to compilation of the monthly report and submit to line manager.
- Coordination of Ward level stakeholders in consultation with line manager.
- Keep abreast of all ward level stakeholders and NGOs working in DRC operational locations.
- Ensure that protocol is followed through stakeholder consultation at all stages of project implementation.
- Work with communities to ensure minimized tensions between IDP, Host Community and Returnees through transparent and consultative implementation approaches.
- Sensitize communities on project objectives, beneficiary selection approaches and timelines to avoid miscommunication on project components, objectives and beneficiaries to benefit.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Work closely with the monitoring team and the Livelihood Officer on the timely monitoring and evaluation of all components – information, beneficiary selection, beneficiary feedback about activities, etc.
- Robust monitoring of beneficiaries who have received the 1st and 2nd tranches of business grants to ensure effective and efficient use of the grant.
- Facilitate the qualitative and quantitative monitoring of the project through team meetings, visits to selected beneficiaries, regular reporting and any other monitoring tools.
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the program.
N.B: The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience and Technical Competencies – (include years of experience)
- Experience in Livelihood Programming and trainings.
- An understanding of humanitarian context in the North East of Nigeria.
- At least 1 years working experience, in the field of Cash and Voucher Assistance is required
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Experience with case management protocols desirable
Education – (include certificates, licenses etc.):
- University Degree or advanced training / course in Business Administration, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Humanitarian or related field.
Languages – (indicate fluency level):
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages
Key Stakeholders – (Internal and External)
- Other programme staff
- Relevant stakeholders
- Other NGOs
- Availability – ASAP
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals only.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- DRC Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!