Job Title: Lifting Superintendent – H / F
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
Type of Contract: International Contract
- Ensures HSE values are well understood and are not breached under any circumstance while carrying out offshore construction activities on the FPSO Akpo.
- The Senior Rigger is the designated ‘responsible person’ in overall charge of lifting equipment and operations on the FPSO under ECP scope of work.
- Prepares lifting/rigging plans.
- Prepares the permit to work and getting it approved by Site Lifting Specialist.
- Organizes the day to day lifting and rigging activities offshore in conjunction with ECP construction work leader.
- Compiles and maintains a Rigging Loft register and ensures that equipment is in good conditions.
- Ensures that the level of supervision on site is sufficient to meet project specifications requirements.
- Acts as handling and lifting authority on validation of contractor’s key deliverables and prescribed audits as necessary
- Liaises with Site Lifting Specialist on a day to day basis for all lifting operations.
- Reports any issue to construction work leader and maintains regular and efficient information to him.
- Ensures that activities performed on site in the project perimeter fulfill project HSE requirements.
- Reports any incident as per Company and Project rules.
- Implements with Contractor Site Representative any Risk Assessment of Job Safety Analysis as required by Project HSE procedures.
- Carries out all lifting operations supervision / monitoring activities required for the successful delivery of the Contracts assigned.
- Participates in Job Hazard Analyses and Attends safety toolbox meetings on a daily basis with contractors’ work teams.
- Creates work procedures; assesses contractors’ personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
- Carries out any other work of a similar nature as may be requested by DW ECP Management.
- Provides technical input on contractor and consultant selection with handling and lifting content.
- Promotes best practice and use of innovative technology including maintenance of the CMS principles and the LMS.
- Verifies that the lifting equipment satisfies regulatory requirements: Condition / fitness for purpose, SWL and WLL,
- Serial No. Identification Number, Valid certificate, Colour code if applicable.
- Could be required to give assistant to other teams on site outside of the FMC team on technical issue relating to lifting and handling.
- Reports to the Fabric Maintenance Supervisor.
The holder of this position must have the following qualifications:
- B.Sc / B.Eng or HND in Engineering Discipline or equivalent.
- Advanced rigging and lifting level 2 competences minimum
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in lifting and rigging operations
- Experience in oil and gas or related industry to have knowledge of the specific environment linked to HSE aspects
- Ability to work in a large multinational team
- Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site
- Working language: English mandatory, French is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are committed in a strong CSR approach and diversity takes part of our priorities.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!