Job Title: LGA Community Engagement Officer
Reference Id: sfh-76408
Locations: Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa, Yobe and Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Slots: Kaduna (2), Kano (2), Jigawa (2), Yobe (2) and Borno (2)
Duration of Contract: 7 months Contract – renewable, subject to performance and availability of funds.
- The post of LGA Community Engagement Officer contributes to strengthening capacity of LGHA/HPU to effectively coordinate community engagement activities including provision of Technical Assistance to targeted health facilities enrolled under the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF) through coaching and mentoring towards achievement of the basic minimum package of health care.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
Provide technical support for Expansion utilization and access to basic health services through support to LGHA in the roll out of effective demand generation and BCC strategies:
- Facilitate regular collaborative engagements between the LGHA and other relevant institutions at the LGA and State levels (SPHCDA, SMOH, Health Promotion Division, and BHCPF state Gateways to find collaborative ways of creating community level demand for BHCPF services at PHCs.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings both at the LGA and state levels (TWGs, Social mobilization coordination meetings, etc.)
- TA to the LGHA to develop and implement annual strategic plans and ensure specific LGA level strategies for Community engagement are incorporated and budgeted for in such plans.
Provide Support to Health Promotion Units (HPU)/Social mobilization department within targeted LGAs to develop and implement integrated community engagement and BCC strategies to include sexual reproductive health for adolescents and Early Child Development (ECD) services:
- TA to the Health Promotion Division of LGHA to review/develop or adopt a refined integrated Community engagement to cover RHMNCAEH+N.
- TA to the Health Promotion Division of LGHA to develop and target BHCPF prospective enrolees and beneficiaries with strategic messages through its affiliated social and traditional media channels.
- Provide embedded TA to HPUs at the LGAs to ensure PHCs conduct effective demand creation activities through CHIPS Agents.
- Technical Assistance to Health Promotion Officers at LGHA to plan and monitor activities of community structures -CHIPS agents, religious and traditional leaders and WDCs conducting and monitoring community sensitization in catchment communities of selected Health Facilities.
Strengthening RCCE Pillar at the LGA level to effectively respond to public health emergencies including Covid19:
- Collect, collate, process, and analyze project data generated at the communities and facilities levels
- TA to RCCE Pillar at LGA level to develop holistic and costed Risk communication strategy that will mirror the health security strategy at the state level.
- TA to HPU to effectively use community structures – CHIPS, WDCs, traditional and religious Leaders – for information sharing, monitoring and response to health emergencies at community level
Report and other Knowledge management activities:
- Develop work plans and budget to support effective implementation of strategies for Community engagement in targeted LGAs with emphasis on BHCPF facilities.
- Prepare and submit activity reports, monthly and quarterly to show progress in achievement of deliverables at the LGA level.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Health Education, Nursing or Community Health related discipline and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience including direct experience working in or with LGHA/PHCs on service delivery and Social Mobilization.
- Good Understanding of the concept and implementation of Basic Health Care Provision Fund.
- Experience working (or understands the modalities of working) with Government (LGHA, MOH, SPHCDA), NGOs, and other relevant Parastatals/Agencies and stakeholders
- Proven leadership and success in engagement and mobilization at the individual, community, and at organizational levels.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others.
- Good Understanding of the health systems in Northern Nigeria in general and LGA level.
- Ability to manage an outcomes-based approach and use of data to inform continuous improvement and decision-making.
- Some knowledge of the Basic Health Care Provision Fund Scheme Will be an added advantage.
- Ability to consistently make strategic decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Experience in managing budgets in resource-limited environments.
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point etc.).
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Integrity, commitment to the organization and its mandate
- Cultural sensitivity/valuing diversity
- Performance Management/developing people.
- Problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Communicating information and ideas
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Knowledge sharing/continuous learning
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!