Job Title: Legal Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide prompt and relevant advisory services to management on legal and compliance matters including advice on new developments in the legal environment which may affect the company’s interests, operations and conduct
- Ensure compliance with statutory and legal requirements including maintenance / update of all statutory books and registers and prompt filing of statutory returns as well as support the Company Secretary for Board and Committee meetings
- Ensure contracts are in place for all business relationships and negotiate, draft and review all contracts / complex commercial agreements, evaluating business risks and make recommendations to management on how to prevent / mitigate such risks and develop a Contracts database for the company
- Ensure all invoices to Clients / Customers for real estate transactions (Sale of Apartments, rental of apartments, space rental, leases, Service Charge, VAT, etc) are prepared and submitted to clients promptly and that all Receivables are legally enforceable for all transactions
- Vigorously pursue collection of debts (including VAT) to promote a culture of higher performance across the organization
- Handle immigration and expatriate issues with regulatory agencies
Requisite Qualifications / Experience
- LLB Degree (1st Class or 2nd Class) in Law plus LLM Degree in law
- Member , Nigerian Bar Association
- Accreditation by the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in similar position
Required Skills / Attributes:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills.
- Excellent Negotiating skills
- Proficiency in the use of Enterprise Wide software
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!