Job Title: Legal Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Legal Officer will be responsible for reviewing complex agreements correspondence and legal documents.
- She / he will execute various paralegal duties, providing professional legal advice to colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, review and advise on contracts and documents pertaining to the company’s business and operations
- Reviewing new business relationships with service providers and partners
- Research and provide analysis on legal and policy issues
- Maintain regulatory position by:
- Liaising with regulators
- Coordinating reports and filings
- Coordinating audits and implementation of any audit findings (as required)
- Support the business units on legal and compliance matters
- Handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, litigation, etc.)
- Assists to maintain an accurate and up-to-date database of all contracts, disputes and litigation
- Coordinate processes, procedures, policies in accordance with regulatory obligations and international best practices
- Assists in structuring joint enterprises with other organizations
- Keeps abreast of relevant best practices and amendments to regulations and statutory provisions
- Maintain up-to-date records of regulatory changes and notifiable events relating to internal policies and procedures, Money Laundering and Combating Terrorist Financing, Customer Due Diligence, Consumer Protection, Conflict of Interest, etc.
- Performing additional duties as assigned
- Law graduate with 4 to 6 years extensive working experience; with a minimum of 12 months in the Financial Services Industry/FinTech Space.
- Proficiency and strong working knowledge of Power Point, Word and Google application is essential
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn
- Must be goal oriented and self-motivated
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a deep understanding of corporate law transactions and other legal matters
- Highly entrepreneurial; takes the initiative to solve problems before they arise.
- Have started and/or contribute to projects which she/he is passionate about
- Great collaborator; listens to others, speaks own mind, and ask the right questions.
- Well-versed in regulations laws and standards procedures and able to translate into forward-thinking business practices.
- Resourceful meticulous and proactive with strong communication and problem solving abilities.
- Offers a highly professional attitude and significant ability to work and perform well in a team.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!