Job Title: Legal Manager
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Advising management on real estate project procedures and project development, researching guideline and policy of government on project development.
- Monitor legal risk in real estate documentation and advise clients accordingly.
- Draft and negotiate real estate transactions.
- Draft routine leases and amendments.
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before real estate transactions are executed.
- Support legal and general advisory needs associated with a large-scale real estate portfolio.
- Ensure legal due diligence during land / property acquisition in particular; Title investigation & Local legislation.
- Highlight legal issues involved in structuring of land / property acquisition and relevant development regulations
- Draft and ensure standardization (to the extent possible) of legal documents such as Title transfer deeds, Agreement of sale, Offer letters, Conveyance documents, Lease Deeds, License Agreements etc.
- Oversee contract lifecycle management – preparation, drafting, vetting and negotiation of agreement
- Monitoring and filing of completed contracts and other corporate documents
- Liaising with external counsel and follow-up on pending litigation
- Represent company at legal negotiations and at courts
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the Legal Services Unit and Company Secretariat
- Carrying out of duties, as assigned by Head, Legal Services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as in-house counsel or legal practitioner in a law firm.
- Real Estate experience is a critical requirement particularly in interfacing with lands and other regulatory bodies for Development Company projects
- Strong experience in real estate law and industry knowledge that includes litigation, lease transactions, property management, and purchase and sale transactions.
- Good understanding of foreclosure.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Solid experience in title insurance underwriting, curative, and claims.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!