Job Title: Legal Intern
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assist in drafting and editing contract documents
- Draft court documents, invoices, and enclosures at Legal Manager’s requests.
- Assist in developing confidentiality agreement
- Organize legal memoranda and client correspondence.
- Research documents and publications for details that would establish evidence.
- Prepare retainer agreements, contact letters, and various publications and handouts for clients
- Prepare motions and interrogatories
- Responsible for printing, scanning, photocopying, and overall preparation of legal documents
- Partake in meetings on behalf of the Legal unit on the authorization of your line manager
- Undertake research and preparation of reports on matter in question to your line manager
- Conduct intake interviews to spot legal issues for presentation at case acceptance
- Observe and participate in client meetings, trials, mediations, and outreach
- Carry out other assignments delegated by the Head, Legal Services.
- BL / LLB qualification
- 0 – 1 year of experience in a legal environment
- Lawyers undergoing or recently completed their NYSC will be considered
- Sound communication skills
- Working with confidential documents and under confidentiality obligations.
- Contract formation, preparation, negotiation, review, and drafting skills.
- Identifies key risk areas in a contract.
- Contract drafting and negotiation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law
- Good judgment and strong initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and a teamwork-oriented attitude
- Proven ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Strong ability to think strategically, creatively, and innovatively
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!