Job Title: Legal Analyst
- We are looking for a Legal Analyst who shall be responsible for monitoring, advising on legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreements to the Legal & Regulatory Compliance team and to be a representative and ambassador for the team across the company as well as to external stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate for the role will be someone who is a legal expert with a deep knowledge of regulatory and compliance standards and guidelines.
What You’ll be Doing
- Reviewing and draft contracts, agreements, and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Providing internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Providing commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
- Ensuring the development of guidelines, policies, procedures, service level agreements for service support and delivery.
- Monitoring the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Providing all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Legal Unit.
- Analyzing and reviewing legal agreements, legislation, and documents for Management.
- Ensuring (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies, and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required.
What You will need for this position
- 4-5 years experience working in a law firm as a Senior Associate.
- LLB Degree from an accredited University
- In-depth industry knowledge in Legal & Business Advisory, Regulatory & Compliance, and general commercial legal experience
- Excellent communication skills as this position require regular interactions and touchpoints with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, excellent task management and superior analytical thinking.
- Must possess excellent legal drafting and document review skills
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2021
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to: [email protected] using “Legal Analyst” as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!