Spaces for Change (S4C) is a non-profit organization working to infuse human rights into social and economic governance processes in Nigeria.
Through digital crowd-sourcing, research, policy analysis, advocacy, youth engagement, public interest litigation and community action, we aim to increase the participation of Nigerian youth, women and communities in the development of social and economic policy, and also help public authorities and corporate entities to put a human rights approach at the heart of their decision-making.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lawyer
- To lead both the non-profit and fee-based legal initiatives of the organisation
- Provide legal advice, representation and related litigation support services to a wide range of clients and client communities, especially victims of human rights violations.
- Prepare legal briefs and handle legal proceedings in various courts, including appellate courts across jurisdictions including but not limited to, traveling to regional and international courts and remote communities, as and when required, to provide legal advice and representation.
- Maintain professional knowledge of the law to enable provision of high quality advice, referral, public advocacy and speaking engagements on national radio and television stations.
- Conduct legal researches and analyses of laws and legal drafting on specific thematic issues such as housing, land, energy, environment, gender and human rights, and undertake appropriate advocacy work around the research and analytical findings.
- Other duties as delegated by the Chief Executive Officer
- Candidates should possess a minimum of five years post-call experience and skilled to single handedly drive advocacy and litigation projects
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2020.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!