Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Six (6) Months
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform clinical laboratory activities according to MSF protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment.
- According to medical prescription, preparing and performing clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following MSF protocols and procedures.
- Performing laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological, according to context of the mission).
- Ensuring proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Taking care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment:
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Applying hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to MSF protocols and highest safety standards.
- Supplying orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Keeping organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Participate in operational research activities in the project
- Perform PCR and RDTs, when requested
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Essential Laboratory Technician Degree (Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory or similar course)
- Valid Medical Laboratory License
- Minimum of 2 years work experience is essential
- Previous experience in laboratory with molecular biology is essential (at least 6 months).
- English Language essential, Igbo Language is desirable
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Certificates and NYSC Certificate / Exemption Letters to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Submit the Hard Copies of required documents at:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33 Liberation Estate (after the Enugu / Abakaliki Express),
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- The following vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!