Job Title: Knowledge Management Specialist – IHP Nigeria
Job Ref.: req11595
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks a Knowledge Management Specialist for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 5 – Sokoto State.
- The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- The purpose of Task Order 5 is to implement priority primary health interventions in Kebbi state to strengthen the state government area (LGA), and ward level health systems.
- The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
- Task Order 5 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities.
- The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads implementation of the project’s communication and knowledge management strategy in the State;
- Captures and documents lessons learned, success stories and champions the scaling-up of best practices;
- Works with the state M&E team to support preparation of high-quality project reports and documentation;
- Contributes to content management of the external website and intranet if required;
- Facilitates knowledge management (KM) and communication-related capacity development events and sharing of best practices;
- Ensures compliance with the IHP branding and marking strategy;
- Develops communications campaigns to highlight thematic topic areas as necessary, and helps develop and implement engagement strategies;
- Facilitates linkages and partnerships with media organizations to promote ongoing conversation about health issues relevant to IHP work
- Organizes and backstops webinars and other learning events, as needed;
- Facilitates media and social media administrative processes if required.
- Reports to Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist at ACO and supervised by Senior MEL Manager
- The Knowledge Management Specialist must be experienced in public health/public health communication, international development, or related field.
- S/he will have demonstrated experience working with complex health or development projects that required collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- S/he must be familiar with the public context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID / International donor programs. Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Knowledge Management, Public Policy Communications or related field.
- A Master’s degree will be a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in communications, health communications/reporting, knowledge management, social media or related field, and working in public health with USAID/International Donor Programs.
- Demonstrated strength and experience writing project reports (progress updates, monthly, quarterly, annual), technical reports, and policy briefs
- Proven ability to lead the planning, coordination and execution of communications products
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders
- Experience in client relationship management, reporting, program work planning is preferred.
- Prior experience working with USG-funded programs is required
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with IHP internal and external stakeholders
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and graphics design software.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Sokoto