Job Title: Knowledge & Communications Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Knowledge & Communications Officer, under the supervision of the Program Manager would oversee the organization’s communication programs, prepare media briefings and engagements, be responsible for the organization’s knowledge & communication interface with different target audiences, handle the organization’s social media platforms, liaise with the media – Print, Electronic and Online and double as the Public Relations focal point for the organization.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective knowledge and communications strategy based on target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s / project’s activities, products and/or services to the public.
- Prepare, edit and ensure that contents and updates meet acceptable editorial standards prior to publishing
- Work with relevant teams to identify, highlight donor success stories, lessons learnt and best practices
- Work with the media to create publicity and visibility for project activities implemented at respective locations across the country
- Respond to media inquiries and arrange interviews.
- Collate program activities reports for the organization’s website
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the organization, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Post events and reports on the organization’s website and social media handles.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Support the preparation of the organization’s quarterly newsletter and write Annual Reports
- Participate actively in any other duties assigned by the CEO.
- The candidate is required to possess a good First Degree in the Social Sciences, Mass Communication or Journalism. Master’s Degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
- 4-5 years’ relevant work experience.
- Knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, FrameMaker, PageMaker, etc.).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Must be tech savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite usage, content management system software, and social media platforms management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!