Job Title: Junior Logistics Officer (Cement Industry)
Ref No: Logistics-Obajana-001
Location: Kogi, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- Provide support for the logistics function by managing Dispatch activities (weigh in and weigh out) to ensure all inbound and outbound trucks weight are accurately captured and documented, with focus on time, in order to meet up with customers demand.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Check and Cross-check the relevant documents presented by the driver on climbing the scale.
- Ensure proper truck positioning on scale before commencing weighing process.
- Inputting the details information from the delivery note submitted into the system, that includes driver name and truck number.
- Unblocking of stock transfer order documents.
- Confirm truck weight while on scale before saving the transaction.
- Scale in the truck with correct information, capture details and save the transaction on the system.
- Record the details of the weigh in transaction into record book.
- Confirm accurate weight of loaded truck before updating details on the system.
- In case of truck loaded above/under tolerance limit, inform the supervisor for further action.
- Scale out the transaction with correct information, update same, save and generate waybill/weighment ticket for empty/loaded trucks using system.
- Record the details of weigh out into record book of every single transaction.
- Give hourly report update as per the number trucks weigh in/out.
- Proper filling of all necessary transactional documents.
- Generate report at closing hour and submit same to the supervisor.
- Ensure that all weighbridge activities comply with DCP’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards
- Perform any other duties assigned by weighbridge supervisor.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Transport Management, Purchasing & Supplies or Business Administration
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Kogi, Nigeria