Job Title: Junior HR Officer (Line 5 Cement Industry)
Ref Id: HRObajana002
Location: Obajana, Kogi, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Provide support in the implementation and management of day-to-day employee-related activities at the Plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and coordinate attendance at trainings by sending out invitations and reminders.
- Provide relevant logistic requirements to the facilitators, e.g. projector, venue, refreshments, etc. (where necessary).
- Produce support materials for the training, such as sign-in sheets, evaluation forms, etc.
- Liaise with relevant parties to produce certificates of attendance (internal trainings).
- Provide reports and analysis of training activities, including feedback from participants and relevant recommendations.
- Maintain records of completed trainings and update employees training records accordingly.
- Maintain up-to-date employee records with respect to vacation, training, promotion, exit, etc.
- Assist the Head, Plant HR to compute employees’ benefits across the plant, and provide information (payroll input item) for payment at scheduled periods.
- Support day to day management of all issues relating to the activities of temporary employees.
- Provide conduct of orientation programs to communicate terms of work and other information.
- Review time log entries and records of over-time work to ensure relevant approvals are documented.
- Compile information on workhours and expenses (if any) for computation of monthly wages and other allowances.
- Recommend and obtain approval for budgeted funds for payment of wages.
- Oversee administration of wages/ benefits and resolve any associated issues.
- Participate in disciplinary processes as defined in HR policy.
- Respond to enquiries and complaints.
- Ensure maintenance of an up-to-date database of temporary staff and provide periodic reports on temporary staff strength and activities.
- Obtain and collate lists and specific skill requirements for temporary staff vacancies from Heads of plant departments.
- Develop draft notices/ advertisements to publicize vacant positions (subject to approval by Head, Plant HR).
- Provide support and participate in testing, interviewing or other screening activity for recruiting temporary staff.
- Process and channel employees’ requests to the appropriate functions e.g. grievances, loan requests, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head, Plant HR.
Education and Work Experience:
- First degree or its equivalent in Humanities or Social Sciences related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g., Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a generalist HR role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good understanding of DCP’s business operations.
- A clear understanding of DCP’s HR policies and procedures, including the group’s overall performance management objectives and strategies.
- Basic knowledge and experience in career management processes and techniques.
- Good understanding of employee/industrial relations, as well as an appreciation of the dynamics of the labour and employment legislations in specific country of operation.
- Knowledge of local career management best practices.
- Strong ability to utilize computer systems and performance management applications.
- Good knowledge of policies and defined timelines for HR operational activities.
- Ability to effectively apply scheduling techniques to own work.
- Basic knowledge of record management systems (manual and automated).
- Ability to effectively use MS Office applications.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!