Job Title: IT Network Administrator
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Permanent
The IT Network Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes and security configurations
- Work within the established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of HND / BSc. degree in Computer Science or Electrical / Electronics Eng or in a related discipline.
- Network Documentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP, IPv4 and CIDR
- Hands-on experience in Enterprise wireless implementation.
- Hands-on experience in Routing protocol, OSPF/EIGRP/BGP
- Experience working with Cisco Identity Services Engine (Cisco ISE).
- Basic understanding of network services, DHCP, DNS, Proxy, NAT etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of Cisco routers/switches and Cisco/Fortigate Firewalls.
- Good understanding of Voice over IP technology and Cisco CUCM (Cisco preferred)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of IT security skills in Encryption, Endpoint protection, Email protection
- 5-7 years experience in designing, implementation of LAN/WAN networks, Network and Cyber Security industry experience.
- Network+ or CCNP in Routing & Switching or Security is required. MCSE certification is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructure, Windows server operating system DNS, DHCP and Microsoft Exchange Servers
Demands of the Job:
- Technical & Professional proficiency.
- Strong coaching and team leadership skills.
- Very good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Vendor relationship and negotiating skills.
- Business communication and project management skills.
- Process-driven, with strong analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with relevant areas of the business.
- Knowledge of and experience with: Information systems security, Unix/Linux, Windows AD, LANS/WANS; OSI Layer & Network protocols
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!